Real Sociedad – Ath Bilbao Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Real Sociedad 2-1 Ath Bilbao
Date: 09.02.2020 | Match at: 14:00 | League: SPAIN: LaLiga – Round 23 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.49 | Bookie: 1xbet
- Real Sociedad and Athletic Bilbao will both be flying high after recording shock Copa del Rey quarter-final victories over Real Madrid and Barcelona respectively. But with no consecutive wins, draws or losses in any of their last nine La Liga (LL) matches at home, recent history suggests Real Sociedad may struggle to record back-to-back LL victories at home for just the second time this season.
- Their win rate of 50% (W4, D1, L3) as a favourite at home this LL season is nothing to brag about. Indeed, despite boasting a goal difference of +6 in second halves at home across their league campaign, Sociedad have gone on to win just two of their last six LL games at home when opening the scoring (D2, L2).
- Despite registering just one away-win in LL all season, Athletic Bilbao still retain one of the finest win/draw rates (70%) in the division as an away outsider. That is thanks in part to a solid defence, which has conceded two or more goals in a game on just three occasions this season.
- One of just three teams yet to have a single player sent-off after 22 league rounds, Bilbao are vulnerable to dropping points both at home and away. Significantly, Bilbao have won just one of the five LL away fixtures (W1, D4) in which they opened the scoring.
- Players to watch: If excluding own-goals, Sociedad’s Mikel Oyarzabal has opened the scoring in three of his last four meetings with Bilbao.
- Bilbao’s Basque derby talisman Raúl García has found the back of the net in four of his last six LL matches against Sociedad, but with only one of them being the first goal of the game.
- Stat attack: Referee José Luis Munuera Montero has awarded 13 yellow cards across his last four matches (3.25 per game).
- Sociedad’s average of 1.91 yellow cards per LL game is the lowest in the league.
- Each of Bilbao’s four prior LL ‘score draws’ away from home this term (all ending 1-1) saw them score first.