Chelsea – Tottenham Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Chelsea 2-1 Tottenham
Date: 22.02.2020 | Match at: 13:30 | League: ENGLAND: Premier League – Round 27 | Tip: Under 3.5 Goals | Odds: 1.43 | Bookie: 1xbet
- Chelsea’s defeat to Manchester United (Feb 17) extended the ‘Blues’ current winless run in the Premier League (PL) to four matches (D2, L2). Both draws saw Chelsea concede exactly two second-half goals (1.5 on-average beyond the hour mark) after taking the lead, while both defeats each saw Chelsea concede once after the 61st minute and lose the second half 1-0.
- Said defeat to Man United also made it just one win for Chelsea in their last five home PL matches (W1, D1, L3). Each defeat yielded a scoring blank, and stayed true to Chelsea’s habit of conceding once beyond the hour mark. They lost five of six individual halves across those defeats by a 1-0 scoreline.
- By contrast, Tottenham are bang in form, winning their last three PL matches and proving their stamina by scoring the winner beyond the hour mark each time. This will give them confidence as they seek only a second league win at Stamford Bridge in the top-flight’s PL era (1992-present).
- Conceding first remains an issue for ‘Spurs’ when travelling. They have done so in three of their last four away league matches, and remain stuck on just one PL away clean sheet, last winning an away league game ‘to-nil’ way back in January 2019.
- Players to watch: Jorginho has scored a penalty in the 16th-30th minute period in each of Chelsea’s last two home games won/drawn.
- Spurs’ new hero Steven Bergwijn has seen five of his last seven goals act as openers, with three (60%) of those five proving decisive in victory.
- Stat attack: Five of Chelsea’s last six PL home wins have come after a level half-time score.
- Chelsea’s last six PL home matches won/lost saw the second half won 1-0 by the winner on the day.
- Five of Tottenham’s last nine PL away matches have seen them concede exactly two goals.