AZ Alkmaar – Zwolle Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
AZ Alkmaar 2-0 Zwolle
Date: 23.02.2020 | Match at: 14:30 | League: NETHERLANDS: Eredivisie – Round 24 | Tip: Over 2.5 Goals | Odds: 1.49 | Bookie: 1xbet
- Despite losing more games than any other top-seven side across the last five rounds (W2, L3), AZ Alkmaar retain the Eredivisie’s tightest defence, conceding just 0.77 goals per-match on average. The Alkmaarders have also kept a clean sheet in five of their last six Eredivisie home matches.
- Often quick starters, AZ have opened the scoring in 17 of their 22 league games and eight of 11 here in Alkmaar. Moreover, the majority of their league goals scored here came in either the 15-minute interval preceding or following half-time (eight apiece – 16/26 of total).
- Zwolle have been nothing short of awful away from home (W2, D2, L8) and even worse in the second-half of games. Significantly, they have scored just once beyond half-time in away league games this term, with that goal being a mere consolation in a 2-1 defeat to Twente.
- Also notable is the fact that the ‘Blue Fingers’ conceded 3+ goals in each of their last four defeats in all competitions. The importance of a good first half is potentially underlined yet further, by the fact that the HT/FT results have matched in their last four league trips to AZ (D2, L2). Both defeats saw them lose by a 4+ goal margin!
- Players to watch: Myron Boadu (13 goals) and Ousamma Idrissi (12) contributed 54.35% of AZ’s overall league goals this season, and Idrissi assisted Boadu a league-high six times.
- Scoring Zwolle’s first and last goal last time out, Lennart Thy could draw level with club top-scorer Reza Ghoochannejhad (six goals) with one here.
- Stat attack: AZ boast a 100% record against squads managed by visiting coach John Stegeman (W8 – GF 11, GA 0).
- Zwolle had a man sent off in two of their last four competitive away H2Hs.
- Six (75%) of Zwolle’s eight overall away league goals have come before the 30-minute mark.