Portsmouth – Arsenal Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Portsmouth 0-2 Arsenal
Date: 02.03.2020 | Match at: 20:45 | League: ENGLAND: FA Cup – 1/8-finals | Tip: Away Win | Odds: 1.44 | Bookie: Bet365
- The last 16 of the FA Cup opens with the fourth FA Cup tie between Portsmouth and Arsenal. The hosts have failed to progress in every previous tie against Arsenal (D1, L3), the most recent of which saw a 5-1 thumping here at Fratton Park. Moreover, ‘Pompey’ haven’t beaten Arsenal in any game since a 5-4 triumph back in 1958 (D8, L13 since).
- As a lower league side, Portsmouth have lost their last five FA Cup ties vs Premier League (PL) opposition. However, they have been in fine domestic form this season and are unbeaten in all home games since their 4-0 defeat to Southampton in the EFL Cup (W16, D3 since – 2.16 scored per match).
- Arsenal, meanwhile, have emerged victorious in each of their last 12 FA Cup ties vs opposition from the third-tier of English football or lower. Notably, the only three such ties across the last five years saw Arsenal win by an aggregate score of 10-0, scoring in both halves of each, two of which were away from home.
- The visitors were unbeaten in all games in 2020 until their mid-week exit from Europe (W6, D4, L1). During this time, four of their six victories came via a single-goal margin, including their only such match vs lower-tier opposition (1-0 vs Leeds).
- Players to watch: Portsmouth’s Andy Cannon scored the opener last time out at home, and assisted the opener in their last FA Cup triumph over higher-tier opposition.
- Rising star Eddie Nketiah has seen both of his competitive goals for Arsenal this season arrive from the 16th to 30th minute.
- Stat attack: Portsmouth have scored 2+ goals in 14 of their last 15 competitive home games.
- Portsmouth’s last four FA Cup matches produced over 2.5 goals.
- Portsmouth have averaged 1.94 yellow cards per league game this term, whilst Arsenal have picked up an average of 2.30.