Newcastle – Sheffield Utd Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Newcastle 3-0 Sheffield Utd
Date: 21.06.2020 | Match at: 14:00 | League: ENGLAND: Premier League – Round 30 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.52 | Bookie: Unibet
- Newcastle United are in the midst of a decent run of form after just two defeats across their previous 13 competitive matches (W4, D7, L2 – 90 mins). Goals remain a commodity in the Premier League (PL) though, as they’ve managed just five across their previous eight league fixtures, and have scored over 1.5 goals in just six of their 29 PL matches this season.
- Given that the ‘Toon’ are infrequent scorers, margins of victory have been tight – just one of their nine PL wins this season saw a margin of more than one goal. It’s also worth highlighting that recently their PL goals have arrived late, with each of the previous four they’ve scored coming after the 75th minute.
- With Sheffield United denied a clear goal in their last game, the ‘Blades’ have now netted over 1.5 goals in just one of their previous 12 PL matches. Topically, prior to the hiatus, Sheffield had experienced the PL’s second-highest tally of VAR overturns against (eight).
- Regardless, Sheffield now boast an impressive average of just 0.86 goals conceded per league game. However, the ‘Blades’ will be looking to end a four-game H2H losing run, with three of those clashes producing under 3.5 match goals and being settled by a one-goal margin.
- Players to watch: Allan Saint-Maximin (NEW) has two goals across his previous six competitive matches (including extra-time), and netted in the last H2H.
- Veteran Billy Sharp (SHU) is in fine form, with three goals across his previous five competitive matches (including extra-time). Two of those goals came from the 30th minute to half-time.
- Stat attack: There have been two red cards shown across Newcastle’s previous three PL matches.
- Newcastle are yet to score in the opening 15 minutes of any PL home match.
- Ten of Sheffield United’s previous 13 PL away goals have come after half-time.
|Head-to-head matches: NEWCASTLE – SHEFFIELD UTD|
|05.12.19||PL||Sheffield Utd||Newcastle||0 : 2|
|26.07.15||CF||Sheffield Utd||Newcastle||2 : 2|
|05.04.10||CHA||Newcastle||Sheffield Utd||2 : 1|
|02.11.09||CHA||Sheffield Utd||Newcastle||0 : 1|
|07.04.07||PL||Sheffield Utd||Newcastle||1 : 2|