Southampton – Arsenal Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Southampton 0-2 Arsenal
Date: 25.06.2020 | Match at: 18:00 | League: ENGLAND: Premier League – Round 31 | Tip: X2 | Odds: 1.55 | Bookie: Unibet
- Southampton have lost five of their last seven competitive games (W2), but their 3-0 win over Norwich at the weekend was their biggest Premier League (PL) victory of the campaign. That means five of their previous six PL triumphs came with a clean sheet, and six of their most recent nine PL encounters saw over 2.5 goals.
- Ralph Hasenhüttl’s side must improve their home record though, which is the league’s worst (W4, D2, L9). Their home PL fixtures here have averaged 3.13 goals per game, partly due to 66.67% seeing both teams score. Furthermore, Southampton’s last three PL home wins saw them lead after 25 minutes, and they’ve a strong PL record here when scoring first (W3, L1).
- Arsenal have suffered back-to-back PL defeats for the first time since April 2019 after previously going eight league clashes unbeaten (W4, D4). Their previous five PL defeats were by either a 2-1 or 3-0 scoreline, whilst being beaten by Brighton was the second time this season they’ve lost a PL match after scoring first (W6, D5).
- The ‘Gunners’ are now winless in seven PL away fixtures (D5, L2) and have won only once in 14 (D8, L5). Three of the past four featured over 2.5 goals, and six of the latest nine saw both teams score.
- Players to watch: In-form Southampton striker Danny Ings has eight PL home goals this season, including three after the 70th minute. Meanwhile, Arsenal captain Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has scored the final goal in five PL away games this season.
- Stat attack: Southampton have a 50-50 success rate across their PL penalties this season, with the miss coming versus Arsenal.
- The last three PL away goals that Arsenal scored arrived after the 60th minute.
- Arsenal have had a man sent-off in three of their previous five PL away games.
- Arsenal have won only one of the last eight PL H2Hs held here (D4, L3).
|Head-to-head matches: SOUTHAMPTON – ARSENAL|
|23.11.19||PL||Arsenal||Southampton||2 : 2|
|24.02.19||PL||Arsenal||Southampton||2 : 0|
|16.12.18||PL||Southampton||Arsenal||3 : 2|
|08.04.18||PL||Arsenal||Southampton||3 : 2|
|10.12.17||PL||Southampton||Arsenal||1 : 1|