Swansea – Sheffield Wed Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Swansea 2-1 Sheffield Wed
Date: 05.07.2020 | Match at: 12:30 | League: ENGLAND: Championship – Round 41 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.36 | Bookie: Unibet
- Stuttering Swansea City fell to back-to-back winless games following an emphatic victory on the restart. They’ve now won just one of their last six games (W1, D3, L2) – three of which saw them fail to score. Partly as a result, Swansea have failed to score in a joint league-high 35% of their home league games ahead of this round.
- Considering the latter, 57.14% of Swansea’s home league defeats have come ‘to nil’. However, the ‘Swans’ have picked up ten points when conceding first at home this Championship campaign (W3, D1, L6) although they’ve failed to score in three of their last four games here, two of which they began as favourites (W8, D4, L5 as home league favourites).
- Sheffield Wednesday lost in midweek following a victory prior, and each of their three other league victories since mid-December were followed up by consecutive defeats. Four of their last five league losses came without reply, whilst four also saw a 2+ goal margin.
- The visitors’ Championship away games have averaged 3.05 total goals per fixture, with 35% of those matches producing over 3.5 goals. However, the ‘Owls’ have struggled when shipping first (D1, L7), and have equalised on just four of the 13 occasions in which they fell behind in away games.
- Players to watch: Swansea’s André Ayew has scored in three of his last seven appearances, two came from the spot whilst only one was a match opener.
- With top scorer Steven Fletcher absent, Wednesday’s Connor Wickham steps in to fill the void – both of his league goals this term were netted in the three games post-restart.
- Stat attack: Swansea have averaged just 1.1 yellow cards per home league game (WED: 2.2 away).
- Wednesday manager Garry Monk has drawn all three of his H2Hs vs his former club (3.33 total goals per-match on average).
- Swansea have averaged 5.9 corners per home league game (WED: 5.6 away).
|Head-to-head matches: SWANSEA – SHEFFIELD WED|
|09.11.19||CHA||Sheffield Wed||Swansea||2 : 2|
|23.02.19||CHA||Sheffield Wed||Swansea||3 : 1|
|15.12.18||CHA||Swansea||Sheffield Wed||2 : 1|
|27.02.18||FAC||Swansea||Sheffield Wed||2 : 0|
|17.02.18||FAC||Sheffield Wed||Swansea||0 : 0|