Manchester City – Newcastle Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Manchester City 5-0 Newcastle
Date: 08.07.2020 | Match at: 18:00 | League: ENGLAND: Premier League – Round 34 | Tip: Over 2.5 Goals | Odds: 1.40 | Bookie: Unibet
- Manchester City suffered their ninth Premier League (PL) defeat of the season last time out, with that 1-0 loss also marking the ninth time from their last ten league matches where just one team scored. However, four of their last five league games have featured over 2.5 goals, and their total goals average of 3.48 per match is a league high.
- At home, the ‘Sky Blues’ have been formidable this season (W12, D2, L2), scoring close to three goals on average per home match so far (2.81). Subsequently, nine of their 12 wins covered a -1.5 handicap. Curiously, the three remaining wins came by a 2-1 scoreline, where City came from behind to win on two occasions.
- Newcastle United are unbeaten since the PL restart (W2, D2), and have now secured top-flight survival. They’ve seen a remarkable uptick in goals scored, netting 2.5 goals on average from those four games, compared to just 0.86 per match from the 29 PL fixtures prior.
- That recent rush of goals has mainly come during the second half (70%). However this is a season-long trend that can be seen in their HT vs FT results. First off, no team can match Newcastle’s 19 draws at HT (57.58%), yet from those they’ve only lost four, whilst their seven FT wins after a HT draw is the division’s joint-second highest tally in that category ahead of the round.
- Players to watch: Starlet Phil Foden has scored four goals across City’s three home matches since the restart. Meanwhile, Dwight Gayle has scored the opener in two of Newcastle’s last four PL matches.
- Stat attack: Across City’s last five PL fixtures, 56.25% of the total goals arrived before HT.
- City have scored in both halves in three of the last four competitive H2Hs.
- Newcastle have avoided defeat in 43.75% of the PL away matches they entered as outsiders this season.
|Head-to-head matches: MANCHESTER CITY – NEWCASTLE|
|28.06.20||FAC||Newcastle||Manchester City||0 : 2|
|30.11.19||PL||Newcastle||Manchester City||2 : 2|
|29.01.19||PL||Newcastle||Manchester City||2 : 1|
|01.09.18||PL||Manchester City||Newcastle||2 : 1|
|20.01.18||PL||Manchester City||Newcastle||3 : 1|