Watford – Newcastle Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Watford 2-1 Newcastle
Date: 11.07.2020 | Match at: 12:30 | League: ENGLAND: Premier League – Round 35 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.37 | Bookie: Unibet
- After beating Norwich 2-1 (July 7), Watford have seen each of their past five Premier League (PL) victories feature exactly three goals, with their last two league victories coming after a level HT score. However, the win vs Norwich also marked a third consecutive match where Watford have conceded a goal inside 30 minutes.
- Nigel Pearson’s side have been hard to beat at Vicarage Road, having lost only four in 15 here across all competitions (W5, D6). Three of the five wins came ‘to nil’, whilst the four losses produced an average of 3.75 goals per game. Five of the last seven would feature both teams scoring.
- Still the only remaining PL team yet to score a penalty this season, Newcastle United travel after losing 5-0 away to Manchester City. In turn, Newcastle have failed to score in each of their last five losses, losing by an average margin of exactly 3.0 goals across those defeats.
- Damningly, Newcastle have also failed to score in six of their seven latest away losses, and trailed at half-time in their last four away defeats. The ‘to-nil’ theme has also worked in Newcastle’s favour though, with each of their six most recent away clean sheets seeing them emerge victorious.
- Players to watch: Danny Welbeck netted Watford’s winner vs Norwich, and in turn, nearly 40% (17) of his 43 PL goals have been match winners. Meanwhile, Newcastle are unbeaten in all competitions whenever Miguel Almirón has scored (W4, D3).
- Stat attack: Seven of Watford’s last nine competitive home fixtures have contained over 2.5 goals.
- Newcastle have netted 3+ goals in four of their past six regular-time wins across all competitions.
- Squads representing the Tyneside club have averaged 6.75 corners per game across their last four visits to Vicarage Road.
|Head-to-head matches: WATFORD – NEWCASTLE|
|31.08.19||PL||Newcastle||Watford||1 : 1|
|26.01.19||FAC||Newcastle||Watford||0 : 2|
|29.12.18||PL||Watford||Newcastle||1 : 1|
|03.11.18||PL||Newcastle||Watford||1 : 0|
|05.05.18||PL||Watford||Newcastle||2 : 1|