Nimes – Brest Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Nimes – Brest
Date: 23.08.2020 | Match at: 14:00 | League: FRANCE: Ligue 1 – Round 1 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.38 | Bookie: Unibet
- Nîmes Olympique finished the curtailed 2019/20 Ligue 1 (L1) season in 18th place after losing their final three matches. Their last four games were all decided by a one-goal margin (W1, L3), and it’s now 14 L1 fixtures since they last drew (W5, L9). Although they started last season slowly, their sole win across their opening five league matches was against Stade Brestois 29 (D2, L2).
- Whilst hosting a season-opening game for the first time since promotion, Nîmes did fail to score in their previous three home curtain-raisers in Ligue 2 (D2, L1). They have also not produced a draw in their last eight home league games (W4, L4), or the previous four league H2Hs held here (W3, L1). The last three of those H2Hs each featured over 2.5 goals.
- Furthermore, none of the last eight H2H league meetings anywhere were drawn, with the last three producing a 2+ goal winning margin. That doesn’t bode well for Brest, who registered just one win from their final seven L1 fixtures of last season (D3, L3). That corresponded with their start to the 2019/20 campaign, when they won only one of their first eight league games (D5, L2).
- Although without a victory in their last five season-opening matches, Brest have drawn their previous three away league curtain-raisers. They will want to improve on last season’s league record on the road though (W2, D4, L8), which saw them concede first on ten occasions (D2, L8).
- Players to watch: Romain Philippoteaux scored five L1 goals for Nîmes last term, with four coming after HT.
- Irvin Cardona was Brest’s top-scorer last season with six league goals. Five of them arrived in the second half, and three of the previous four came after the 80th minute.
- Hot stat: None of Brest’s previous five league games produced a goal before the 20th minute or after the 70th.
|Head-to-head matches: NIMES – BREST|
|31.08.19||L1||Nimes||Brest||3 : 0|
|19.03.18||L2||Brest||Nimes||0 : 2|
|20.10.17||L2||Nimes||Brest||4 : 0|
|06.05.17||L2||Brest||Nimes||2 : 3|
|09.12.16||L2||Nimes||Brest||1 : 2|