Gibraltar – San Marino Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Gibraltar 1-0 San Marino
Date: 05.09.2020 | Match at: 14:00 | League: UEFA Nations League | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.43 | Bookie: Unibet
- Gibraltor twice upset the odds during their previous UEFA Nations League (UNL) campaign as they won two of their six fixtures thanks to a second-half winner. Their reward is the opportunity to start as favourites here for the first-time since becoming a full UEFA member, as they take on the world’s second worst football team in San Marino, a nation ranked 209th by FIFA.
- The hosts’ three previous victories came via a one-goal margin, which is little surprise considering Gibraltor have managed to net over 1.5 goals in just three of the 41 games they’ve played as a UEFA member. In fact, they’ve scored the opening goal just three times across that period.
- It’s been business as usual for San Marino who are currently on a 37-game losing streak, conceding 3+ goals in the last eight. Furthermore, they failed to score at all during their last UNL campaign (L6). Worryingly, four of San Marino’s six UNL fixtures during that campaign saw them concede the opener by the tenth minute, and only once were they not trailing at HT!
- On the road the visitors have lost 49 straight competitive away games, failing to score in 46 of them. Their only three goals during that period came after HT, so if San Marino are to spring a surprise and score it could come after the break. However, they’ve also conceded at least three goals after HT in four straight road trips.
- Players to watch: A rare opportunity presents itself here for Gibraltor’s all-time top scorer Lee Casciaro to grab his fourth international goal. Two of his previous three were netted after HT.
- Mirko Palazzi was the last San Marino player to score an away goal – that was back in September 2017.
- Hot streak: San Marino have been losing at HT in 18 straight competitive away games.