Crystal Palace – Southampton Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Crystal Palace 1-0 Southampton
Date: 12.09.2020 | Match at: 15:00 | League: ENGLAND: Premier League – Round 1 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.43 | Bookie: Unibet
- Crystal Palace finished the 2019/20 season poorly, picking up one point from their final eight Premier League (PL) games (D1, L7). That sequence saw frequent slow starts (HT: D2, L6) and in three of their last four league matches they conceded exactly once between 40’ and HT.
- The ‘Eagles’ have not won in four home league fixtures (D1, L3) and not scored after 75’ in any of their last nine such games. Hoping to repeat or better last season, when they went unbeaten across their first four home league matches (W2, D2), it’s worth noting they’ve only won one of their last four PL season-openers (D1, L2).
- In contrast, Southampton closed the 2019/20 season unbeaten in seven PL games (W4, D3), despite losing at HT in three matches therein. Last season, they trailed at HT 14 times, recovering league points on five occasions (W2, D3, L9). Leading the PL H2H stakes (W13, D6, L3), they’ve won on their last three trips to Selhurst Park and the last five meetings here produced a winner ‘to nil’.
- The ‘Saints’ have scored in each of their last six league away fixtures. However, they haven’t won their first PL away game of the season since 2013/14 (D2, L4) and last season, their first three away league matches of the season saw one or both sides fail to score (W2, L1).
- Players to watch: Crystal Palace’s Jordan Ayew netted the final goal in his side’s last three PL victories while six of his nine league goals last term came after HT.
- Danny Ings finished last season with seven goals in nine PL fixtures for Southampton. He has netted three times against Palace at this level including once last term.
- Hot streak: The last eight halves Crystal Palace have played in the PL each produced exactly one goal while none of Southampton’s last eight were goalless.
|Head-to-head matches: CRYSTAL PALACE – SOUTHAMPTON|
|21.01.20||PL||Crystal Palace||Southampton||0 : 2|
|28.12.19||PL||Southampton||Crystal Palace||1 : 1|
|30.01.19||PL||Southampton||Crystal Palace||1 : 1|
|01.09.18||PL||Crystal Palace||Southampton||0 : 2|
|02.01.18||PL||Southampton||Crystal Palace||1 : 2|