England W – Germany W Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
England W 1-1 Germany W
Date: 31.07.2022 | Match at: 17:00 | League: EURO WOMEN – PLAY OFFS – FINAL | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.37 | Bookie: Unibet.
England W – Germany W Match Preview
- England’s 4-0 semi-final demolition of Sweden justifiably raised hopes of a first ever major tournament victory ahead of this European Championship final against Germany. Sure to be roared on by a passionate home crowd, they’ve only conceded once all tournament and showed against the Swedes that they’re both defensively sound and ruthless enough to take their chances when presented.
- Now one behind Germany’s all-time single tournament record for goals scored (21), the Lionesses stand on the cusp of history, bidding to go one better than their male counterparts last year by sealing victory at Wembley. To do so, England will have to put a poor record against Germany behind them (W2, D4, L21), but can at least take heart from beating them 3-1 in February’s Arnold Clark Cup.
- This is a far bigger game though, and Germany’s experience could tell in their record ninth European Championship final appearance (one as West Germany) having won all eight previous attempts, including one against England by a thumping 6-2 scoreline back in 2009. Although Germany’s 2-1 semi-final win over France saw them concede for the first time all tournament, they’re used to setting the pace, opening the scoring in their last six internationals (W6).
- Ahead of what Germany coach Martina Voss-Tecklenburg described as a “great football feast”, she’ll urge her players to rise to the challenge knowing that only once – in 1993 – has the side hosting a European Championship lost when reaching the final. With both teams in prolific form, the scene is set for a fitting conclusion to a breakthrough tournament, and potentially a high-scoring one too, as the last four finals produced an average of 4.75 goals per game!
- Key battle: With six goals apiece, England’s Beth Mead and Germany’s Alexandra Popp are fighting for the Golden Boot. While the former has netted four times between the 30th minute and half-time, the latter, the first woman to score in five consecutive European Championship fixtures, completed the scoring in four of them.
- Hot stat: Four of Germany’s five European Championship matches featured over 9.5 corners.
Be the first to comment on "Match Preview: England W 1-1 Germany W Predictions and Betting Tips 31.07.2022"