Netherlands – Qatar Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Netherlands 2-0 Qatar
Date: 29.11.2022 | Match at: 16:00 | League: WORLD CUP – ROUND 3 | Tip: Over 2.5 Goals | Odds: 1.50 | Bookie: Unibet.
Match Preview Netherlands – Qatar Predictions
- Although the Netherlands only need a point against the already eliminated World Cup hosts Qatar to progress from the group stage, boss Louis van Gaal said that his side must “improve a lot” after their unremarkable showing in the 1-1 draw with Ecuador last time out. The Dutch scored with their only shot on target in that game which was rather fortuitous, and explains why Van Gaal was also eager to remind his players about “the quality of the opponents we have yet to face is at a much higher level”.
- Just one point shouldn’t be too much to ask for a Dutch side that has lost just one of their last 25 internationals (W18, D6). That’s not to mention that the Oranje finished second and third in their last two World Cup tournaments, so they’ll be eyeing up a victory which could see them seal top spot and secure a last 16 clash against the runners-up of Group B.
- It has been a particularly poor showing from Qatar at this tournament with a pair of group stage defeats already cementing their place as the worst-performing host nation in the competition’s 92-year history. Manager Félix Sánchez was curiously upbeat in the aftermath when stating that his side shouldn’t be branded a “failure and a disappointment”, but they could set another unwanted record as the first host nation to lose all of their games if they fall again.
- Sánchez’s side does have some experience against European opponents after they were partnered with the five teams in Group A of the European World Cup qualifiers in a series of friendlies. Qatar may be better for the experience, but with their only wins against UEFA nations during that run coming against Azerbaijan and Luxembourg, it’s hard to make a strong case that they’ll finish on a high by securing a big European scalp here.
- Players to watch: Dutchman Cody Gakpo has been in flying form, only failing to make a goal contribution in one of his last seven appearances for club & country (G2, A6), and he has scored with both of his two shots at this tournament! Whatever happens here, Mohammed Muntari’s name will forever be etched in the history books as Qatar’s first-ever scorer at a World Cup after his consolation goal against Senegal last time out.
- Hot stat: Just one of Qatar’s last nine internationals produced a goalless first half.
- World Cup trivia: Though legal now, swapping shirts was officially banned in 1986 by FIFA to stop players ‘baring their chests’ on the pitch.
Be the first to comment on "Match Preview: Netherlands 2-0 Qatar Predictions and Betting Tips 29.11.2022"