Burnley – Fleetwood Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Burnley 1-0 Fleetwood
Date: 01.03.2023 | Match at: 20:30 | League: ENGLAND: FA CUP – 1/8-FINALS | Tip: Over 2.5 Goals | Odds: 1.61 | Bookie: Unibet.
Burnley – Fleetwood Predictions and Preview
- With promotion out of the Championship looking to be nothing more than a formality, Burnley can perhaps place added focus on the FA Cup. A home game against League One side Fleetwood Town seemingly represents the perfect chance to set up a quarter-final clash, though Burnley would be wise not to look too far ahead after being infamously knocked out at this very stage by then non-league Lincoln City back in 2016/17!
- It’s hard to see lightning striking twice for Vincent Kompany’s charges, who showcased their strengths with a thumping 4-0 demolition of Huddersfield Town on Saturday. That ensured Kompany is yet to taste a home defeat as Burnley boss (W15, D5), but after needing a replay to beat another third-tier side in the form of Ipswich during round four, the Belgian boss won’t be taking the Cod Army lightly.
- With legendary ex-Celtic midfielder Scott Brown at the helm, you can expect Fleetwood to fight for everything as they seek to extend their best-ever FA Cup run. Never before have Fleetwood played in the fifth round, so the prospect of a quarter-final will be mouthwatering for the seaside club who come into this Lancashire derby on the back of a 1-0 win against Morecambe on Saturday.
- That result marked a sixth successive unbeaten game for Fleetwood (W5, D1), and with five of those unbeaten games accompanied by clean sheets, it may be tough to break their resolve. Four of those five wins came at home though, and considering eight of Fleetwood’s last nine FA Cup away wins came against sides who now play non-league football, it’s hard to see them causing an upset against Premier League-bound Burnley.
- Players to watch: Michael Obafemi has certainly made his mark since his January arrival at Turf Moor, netting two goals off the bench in his last two home appearances. Fleetwood’s Carlos Mendes Gomes was the hero in the last round against Sheffield Wednesday, netting his sixth successive goal to have opened the scoring.
- Hot streak: Burnley have scored at least one second-half goal in their last seven games.
Be the first to comment on "Match Preview: Burnley 1-0 Fleetwood Predictions and Betting Tips 01.03.2023"