Girona – Real Madrid Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Girona 4-2 Real Madrid
Date: 25.04.2023 | Match at: 18:30 | League: SPAIN: LALIGA – ROUND 31 | Tip: Over 2.5 Goals | Odds: 1.65 | Bookie: Unibet.
Girona – Real Madrid Predictions and Preview
- Girona’s four-game La Liga (LL) unbeaten run (W2, D2) ended on Saturday when they were beaten 1-0 by Valladolid in a blow to their chances of qualifying for European football for the first time in their history. Perhaps a more realistic target is eclipsing their best ever top-flight finish of tenth in 2017/18, with their next assignment a Real Madrid side against whom they’ve fared well recently (W1, D1, L1).
- While they lost the last two home H2Hs despite scoring on both occasions, draws away to both Barcelona (0-0) and Real Madrid (1-1) in this term suggests they could yet have some influence on the title race. While it’s encouraging that Girona have lost only one of their last five home LL fixtures (W4), that defeat was against a club from the capital, via a 1-0 loss to Atlético.
- Real Madrid did their bit to keep LL’s title race alive by beating Celta Vigo 2-0 on Saturday – their fourth consecutive game to have finished in their favour with that scoreline – only for Barcelona to restore their 11-point advantage on Sunday. Madrid taking the lead and keeping it again came as no surprise as they’ve lost only two LL matches this season after scoring the opening goal (W17, D2).
- Mixed away form since November has been a key factor in Los Blancos falling so far behind Barcelona (W4, D1, L4), which is a far cry from when they began their league campaign with six consecutive victories on the road. Recent campaigns suggest they should finish strongly, as when including only their final four away trips of a LL season, Madrid have lost just one of their last 12 fixtures away from the Bernabéu (W8, D3).
- Players to watch: Taty Castellanos opened the scoring before half-time in two of Girona’s last four home league fixtures, while Madrid’s Marco Asensio has netted in three of their last four LL games, including twice between the 70th and 80th minute.
- Hot stat: Girona’s home LL games have produced the second-highest average of total goals per game (3.07) in the division.
Be the first to comment on "Match Preview: Girona – Real Madrid Predictions and Betting Tips 25.04.2023"