Basel – APOEL Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Basel 1-0 APOEL
Date: 27.02.2020 | Match at: 18:55 | League: Europa League – Play Offs – 1/16-finals | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.33 | Bookie: BetFair
- Basel gave up a 2-0 lead at the weekend to draw 2-2, for a first stalemate in their last 14 competitive fixtures (W7, D1, L6). The 20-time Swiss champions do take a 3-0 lead into this game, with that first leg result meaning Basel’s last six competitive wins have seen a clean sheet and a winning margin of at least two goals.
- At home, however, Basel are yet to win in 2020 (D1, L2), despite scoring the opener in two of those fixtures, and all three of their goals before the 20th minute. However, they are on a five-game winning home run in the UEFA Europa League (UEL), netting the opener within 30 minutes each time.
- APOEL’s 2-0 domestic defeat last time out was their fourth game from the last five in which they’ve failed to score (W1, D1, L3) – now five of their last six competitive defeats have come ‘to nil’, with four of those losses also seeing the 28-time Cypriot champions trail at half-time.
- One win in their last nine away games won’t inspire much confidence (W1, D2, L6), neither will the fact APOEL failed to find the net in seven of those matches. However to their credit, they have netted two goals in three of their last five European road trips (W2, D1, L2).
- Players to watch: Valentin Stocker netted in the first leg – he’s been the final goalscorer in five of the eight Basel games he’s scored in this season.
- Uroš Matić scored the opener in APOEL’s last European away game – he has two away goals in Europe this season.
- Stat attack: Four of Basel’s last five competitive matches saw the opener scored by the 20th minute.
- There’s been at least five yellow cards in each of APOEL’s last five competitive games.
- There’s been over 8.5 corners in four of Basel’s five European home games this season.