Azerbaijan – Cyprus Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Azerbaijan 0-0 Cyprus
Date: 13.10.2020 | Match at: 17:00 | League: UEFA Nations League – League C – Round 4 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.55 | Bookie: Unibet
- Although Azerbaijan fell to a 2-0 defeat in Montenegro, they can all-but relegate Cyprus with victory here. However, the ‘hosts’ lose home advantage due to the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict and must travel to Albania. Manager Giovani De Biasi may feel at home though having managed Albania for 51 games – he also remains unbeaten vs Cyprus (W2, D1).
- Fourteen FIFA ranking places separate the sides, and tellingly, seven of Azerbaijan’s (#112) last nine victories over UEFA nations were vs sides ranked sub-#100, with the exception of Norway and Cyprus (#98). Topically, six of Azerbaijan’s last nine clashes with UEFA nations ranked within ten places of Cyprus produced under 2.5 total goals (W3, D4, L2).
- Cyprus have lost all three games in this year’s UEFA Nations League (UNL) and are yet to score, extending their goalless run in competitive games to 346 minutes of play. Expect goals in the Cyprus end though, as the only two clean sheets they have kept since April 2018 were against microstate San Marino (W4, D3, L14 during that period – 1.86 conceded per match on average).
- Interestingly, Cyprus boast a perfectly split record vs UEFA nations ranked within ten places of Azerbaijan across the last ten years (W2, D2, L2). Half of those games saw both teams score, though two-thirds ended with under 2.5 total goals whilst both victories actually saw the Cypriots overturn a 1-0 HT deficit (HT: D3, L3).
- Players to watch: Maksim Medvedev’s sole strike vs Cyprus recently cemented Azerbaijan’s only victory in any game since October 2019.
- Cypriot prospect Loizos Loizou scored on only his third international appearance. That was his nation’s only goal across their last four matches.
- Hot stat: Since their first ever UNL fixture, both Cyprus and Azerbaijan have averaged 2.0 cards per UNL match (17 yellow and one red each).
|Head-to-head matches: AZERBAIJAN – CYPRUS|
|08.09.20||UNL||Cyprus||Azerbaijan||0 : 1|