Dundalk – Molde Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Dundalk 1-2 Molde
Date: 22.10.2020 | Match at: 17:55 | League: Europa League – Group Stage – Round 1 | Tip: Home +1.5 AH | Odds: 1.57 | Bookie: Unibet
- The opening match of UEFA Europa League (UEL) Group B sees Dundalk take on Molde. The hosts are back at this stage for the first time since 2016/17, and the visitors last appeared here in 2015/16. Dundalk were beaten in the first Champions League (UCL) qualifying round by Slovenian side Celje, before navigating three UEL qualifying rounds to make it here.
- Overall, Dundalk are unbeaten in five competitive matches (W3, D2). They’ve kept three clean sheets across those, and conceded just 0.4 goals on average. Having scored just seven themselves (1.4 on average), it’s no wonder there’s been a higher yellow card average (3.0 total average) than goals (1.8).
- Molde, meanwhile, came closer to the UCL group stage, overcoming Dundalk’s evictors Celje, then Qarabağ before being eliminated by Ferencváros at the last hurdle. Relying on penalties against Qarabağ, and eliminated on away goals against Ferencváros, it’s been tight when Molde grace the pitch, and just one of their last nine competitive matches saw a win margin larger than one goal (W3, D3, L3 – 90 minutes only).
- Although five years ago, Molde actually qualified from the UEL group stage at the last time of asking, and were eliminated by eventual champions Sevilla in the first knockout round. Molde went unbeaten in all three group stage away matches that season (W2, D1), and both teams scored in five of their six group stage fixtures.
- Players to watch: Sean Murray grabbed two goals and an assist across three UEL qualifying matches for Dundalk. Meanwhile, fiery Eirik Hestad has two goals and three yellow cards across Molde’s last four competitive matches.
- Hot stat: The result has been 2-1 to the eventual winner in five of Molde’s last eight competitive away matches.