Krasnodar – Chelsea Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Krasnodar 0-4 Chelsea
Date: 28.10.2020 | Match at: 18:55 | League: Champions League – Group Stage – Round 2 | Tip: Away Win | Odds: 1.43 | Bookie: Unibet
- If history is anything to go by, then Krasnodar have a tough match ahead of them in their first-ever UEFA Champions League (UCL) group stage home game. Not only have all six previous Russian sides that have played in this competition proper failed to win their first-ever home match, but the previous eight teams (all nations) to have faced English opposition in their first-ever UCL home game have all lost.
- Still, they’re unbeaten in their last three European games (W2, D1), all of which saw both teams score and a level HT scoreline. In fact they’ve seen both teams score in their last six competitive home games too (W3, D2, L1), five of which produced goals in both halves, although four saw Krasnodar concede first.
- Chelsea travel here in indifferent form, as they recorded just six shots during their goalless draw in their UCL opener – the lowest shot tally they’ve registered in a UCL game since February 2015. Furthermore, if they fail to win here it will mark the first time since their UCL debut (1999/00) that the ‘Blues’ failed to win either of their opening group stage matches.
- Just one win from four competitive away games this season is uninspiring form too, as is the fact Chelsea have conceded before HT in four of their last five UCL away games (W2, D1, L2). They have, however, won ‘to nil’ in two of their previous three visits to Russian opposition though (L1).
- Players to watch: Marcus Berg has scored in three of his last four competitive home appearances for Krasnodar, twice grabbing the game’s final goal.
- All seven of Timo Werner’s (CHE) career UCL goals have come away – he’s the tournament’s top scorer amongst players to have never scored at home.
- Hot stat: Eight of Chelsea’s last ten UCL away victories have come ‘to nil’.