Coventry – Reading Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Coventry 3-2 Reading
Date: 30.10.2020 | Match at: 20:45 | League: ENGLAND: Championship – Round 9 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.45 | Bookie: Unibet
- Coventry City host Reading for the first time in the league since 2011, as the ‘Sky Blues’ look to win their first H2H in ten league encounters (D5, L5). Interestingly, seven of those meetings featured under 2.5 goals after Coventry failed to score in six of those ten H2Hs. However things look a little different in 2020/21, with Coventry’s fixtures averaging 2.75 match goals per Championship game – the division’s third highest such average.
- The hosts are looking to avoid losing consecutive home league games for the first time since March 2017, but of some concern is the fact home boss Mark Robins has never won a game against Reading (D1, L4). On top of that, Coventry now possess the Championship’s worst home defence after leaking an average of 2.5 goals per home fixture so far.
- League-leaders Reading (W7, D1) are enjoying the best start to a Championship season since QPR in 2010/11. With 15 more points than what they had at this stage last season, the ‘Royals’ have scored multiple goals in five of their eight league games so far. However since the start of last season, Reading have lost exactly half of the league fixtures they’ve played versus newly-promoted teams (W3, D1, L4).
- The visitors’ have scored the division’s third highest away goal average (2.0 per fixture). However, some of their good work could be undone if Reading’s growing vulnerability in the final minutes is not addressed, as the away side have leaked 66.67% of their conceded away goals after the 60th minute.
- Players to watch: Matthew Godden is responsible for scoring half of Coventry’s six league goals this term. All three strikes arrived between the 31st minute and HT.
- Reading forward Yakou Méïté has scored the opener in all three league games he has netted in this season.
- Hot stat: There’s been 3+ yellow cards in each of the previous five Championship H2Hs.
|Head-to-head matches: COVENTRY – READING|
|11.02.12||CHA||Reading||Coventry||2 : 0|
|24.09.11||CHA||Coventry||Reading||1 : 1|
|30.04.11||CHA||Coventry||Reading||0 : 0|
|11.12.10||CHA||Reading||Coventry||0 : 0|
|05.04.10||CHA||Reading||Coventry||3 : 0|