Aston Villa – Southampton Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Aston Villa 3-4 Southampton
Date: 01.11.2020 | Match at: 13:00 | League: ENGLAND: Premier League – Round 7 | Tip: Under 3.5 Goals | Odds: 1.53 | Bookie: Unibet
- Aston Villa’s 100% Premier League (PL) start ended with a 3-0 loss to Leeds United (October 23), yet their league games have still averaged an entertaining 3.4 goals per match so far, and no PL team has conceded fewer than their average of 1.0 goals per fixture this season.
- With no home league draw in eight matches (W4, L4), it’s been all or nothing for Villa here recently, but they are undefeated in 66.67% of the home league games they’ve entered as favourites since the start of last season. Furthermore, they’ve won 64.71% of the PL home fixtures in which they scored first during that same period, winning the last four such games.
- Southampton’s 2-0 win over early PL leaders Everton (October 25) leaves them unbeaten in four matches (W3, D1) and having made their best PL start since 2014/15. Scoring 2+ goals in four of their last five games, they are yet to concede a PL goal this season before the tenth minute and are unbeaten in eight competitive H2Hs (W5, D3).
- Furthermore, the ‘Saints’ haven’t lost any of the last five league H2Hs at Villa Park (W3, D2), with four of those matches featuring the same HT/FT outcome. They scored first in the two most recent meetings, and when doing that in PL away games since the start of 2019/20, they are unbeaten in 13 (86.67%) of 15 fixtures (W9, D4, L2).
- Players to watch: Ross Barkley has scored in two of his three league appearances for Villa this term – his last six competitive strikes have come after HT.
- Che Adams (SOU) has scored six goals across his last 12 PL outings, four of those coming in or after the 50th minute.
- Hot streak: Villa haven’t conceded inside the first 30 minutes in any of their last nine PL matches (W6, D2, L1).
|Head-to-head matches: ASTON VILLA – SOUTHAMPTON|
|22.02.20||PL||Southampton||Aston Villa||2 : 0|
|21.12.19||PL||Aston Villa||Southampton||1 : 3|
|23.04.16||PL||Aston Villa||Southampton||2 : 4|
|05.12.15||PL||Southampton||Aston Villa||1 : 1|
|28.10.15||EFL||Southampton||Aston Villa||2 : 1|