Hungary – Iceland Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Hungary 2-1 Iceland
Date: 12.11.2020 | Match at: 20:45 | League: Euro – Qualification – Promotion – Final | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.51 | Bookie: Unibet
- Looking to make successive EURO finals for the first time ever via this playoff, Hungary (FIFA Rank: #47) have won just two of their last five European Championship Qualifying (ECQ) games (W2, L3) although they’re unbeaten in their last three matches overall (W2, D1). Furthermore, Hungary manager Marco Rossi has just a 47.62% win-rate across his current tenure (W10, D2, L9), with Hungary averaging 1.24 goals-per-game in that time.
- With goals in mind, each of the Magyars’ last five competitive matches in Hungary have seen a one-goal margin of victory either way (W3, L2), with Rossi seeing his team concede first in three of those. Still, when made prematch favourites in competitive games on home soil, Hungary have lost just once in their last eight such contests (W7).
- Also aiming for back-to-back finals, Iceland are unbeaten in their last four ECQ matches (W3, D1), scoring first to win their last two ECQ games by one-goal margins. Erik Hamrén’s men have won just one of their last five competitive away matches however (W1, D1, L3), conceding exactly three second half goals in each loss and over 3.5 goals in total.
- Whilst nearly a decade has passed since Iceland’s last visit to Hungary, any superstitious Iceland fans will be aware that this 2011 friendly also saw Iceland concede over 3.5 goals across both halves. That game forms part of three straight H2H losses here for Iceland and six without a win at any venue (D1, L5), including when they met at the EURO 2016 finals in the group stage (1-1).
- Players to watch: Hungary’s Nemanja Nikolics has scored two goals from his five international matches in 2020. Meanwhile, Iceland’s Gylfi Sigurðsson has four ECQ goals and bagged an impressive first-half brace in his last ECQ appearance.
- Hot stat: Over their last five games respectively, Hungary have averaged more than twice the amount of yellow cards per game (2.6) than Iceland (1.2).
|Head-to-head matches: HUNGARY – ICELAND|
|18.06.16||EUR||Iceland||Hungary||1 : 1|
|10.08.11||FI||Hungary||Iceland||4 : 0|
|04.06.05||WC||Iceland||Hungary||2 : 3|
|08.09.04||WC||Hungary||Iceland||3 : 2|
|07.09.02||FI||Iceland||Hungary||0 : 2|