France – Sweden Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
France 4-2 Sweden
Date: 17.11.2020 | Match at: 20:45 | League: UEFA Nations League – League A – Round 6 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.42 | Bookie: Unibet
- After a shock 2-0 loss at the hands of Finland in a friendly in Paris, France reacted well with a solid 1-0 away win to Portugal last time out, securing their first qualification for the UEFA Nations League (UNL) play-offs. Hoping to end this UNL group stage unbeaten (W4, D1), France have kept a first-half clean sheet on four occasions, while scoring first in three of those four wins.
- Fans should expect early action here, as each of the hosts’ three UNL home games since 2018 have seen the opening goal scored during the opening 20 minutes (goalless draws excluded). However, with 50% of the match goals across those games coming after the hour mark, this fixture could produce action from start to finish.
- Thanks to their 2-1 UNL home win over Croatia last weekend, visitors Sweden have the possibility to avoid relegation if they earn more points than Croatia in this last round. That result last round continued a recent trend too, as each of their five UNL matches this campaign have witnessed at least one goal between the 30th minute and HT (1.2 goals on average).
- Currently on a run of three straight away losses, the visitors have to contend with the ghosts of an eight-game winless streak away to France (D2, L6), with their last H2H victory on French soil dating back to March 1952! In fact, each of the four competitive H2Hs during that run have featured over 2.5 goals, and the last three have witnessed Sweden score first (D1, L2).
- Players to watch: France striker Antoine Griezmann will go joint-fourth (alongside David Trezeguet) in Les Bleus’ all-time goalscoring charts with just one more goal.
- Markus Berg has scored two of Sweden’s last three competitive away goals – he scored the second goal of the match on both occasions.
- Hot stat: All but one of the last seven competitive H2H have featured a HT draw.
|Head-to-head matches: FRANCE – SWEDEN|
|05.09.20||UNL||Sweden||France||0 : 1|
|09.06.17||WC||Sweden||France||2 : 1|
|11.11.16||WC||France||Sweden||2 : 1|
|18.11.14||FI||France||Sweden||1 : 0|
|19.06.12||EUR||Sweden||France||2 : 0|