Wolves – Southampton Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Wolves 1-1 Southampton
Date: 23.11.2020 | Match at: 21:00 | League: ENGLAND: Premier League – Round 9 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.44 | Bookie: Unibet
- Ahead of the round, Wolves’ Premier League (PL) games have averaged a league-low 2.13 total goals per-game. Given the low-scoring nature of their games, it is no surprise that the scorer of the opening goal has gone on to win all but one of Wolves’ competitive games this term, whilst just two of nine saw both teams score.
- Despite the above, two of Wolves’ four home league games have seen over 1.5 first-half goals (HT: W1, D2, L1). Moreover, five of Wolves’ last six Monday-night PL games, home or away, have produced under 2.5 goals. Wolves lost just once therein (W3, D2, L1), despite failing to keep a clean sheet in three of the four home games (W1, D2, L1).
- Southampton are aiming to win four straight PL games for the first time since 2015/16. However, the ‘Saints’ – much like the Boomtown Rats – don’t like Mondays, failing to win each of their last 12 PL games played on that particular weekday (D5, L7). That said, they did manage to get on the scoresheet in seven of those games.
- The ‘Saints’ are yet to go into HT level away from home (HT: W2, L2) as the first halves of away games alone have averaged 2.0 total goals per-game, compared with 1.75 in the second half. Ahead of the round, only Liverpool had scored in both halves of more games than Southampton’s five, which includes their last two away games.
- Players to watch: Wolves’ Raúl Jiménez has scored in five of his last eight career appearances after netting in both games for Mexico over the break.
- Southampton frontman Che Adams scored three times in his last four PL appearances, just one less than he bagged in his 34 appearances prior.
- Hot stat: Referee Andre Marriner gave four penalties across his four PL appointments this term, though he only showed both sides 2+ yellow cards in one.
|Head-to-head matches: WOLVES – SOUTHAMPTON|
|18.01.20||PL||Southampton||Wolves||2 : 3|
|19.10.19||PL||Wolves||Southampton||1 : 1|
|13.04.19||PL||Southampton||Wolves||3 : 1|
|29.09.18||PL||Wolves||Southampton||2 : 0|
|23.08.17||EFL||Southampton||Wolves||0 : 2|