Rennes – Chelsea Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Rennes 1-2 Chelsea
Date: 24.11.2020 | Match at: 18:55 | League: Champions League – Group Stage – Round 4 | Tip: Under 3.5 Goals | Odds: 1.51 | Bookie: Unibet
- Rennes were outplayed in the reverse fixture (3-0 defeat) and have just a single point after three matches in UEFA Champions League (UCL) Group E. Avoiding last place is still a reasonable proposal for the French side, who beat Arsenal at home as recently as the 2019 UEFA Europa League knockouts, albeit they’ve won only one of their last ten European matches (D2, L7).
- It’s not just in the UCL that things have been slow for Rennes, who’ve lost five of their last six matches in all competitions (W1), and are currently on a three-game run without scoring. Furthermore at home, it’s just one win in their last four (D1, L2 in all competitions), although six of Rennes’ seven competitive home matches this season did witness both teams score.
- Chelsea, meanwhile, enter matchday four tied on points with Sevilla at the top of the group (W2, D1). However, including the two wins from this group stage, Chelsea have won just three of their last eight UCL matches (all stages) – but on the flip side, have lost just one of their last 12 European away fixtures (W8, D3).
- Visiting boss Frank Lampard has Chelsea firing on all cylinders at the moment, winning five competitive games on the bounce and counting. Impressingly, they covered a -2 handicap in four of those, and kept a clean sheet in all but one. In fact, they’ve kept seven clean sheets across their last nine matches, and in four straight away from home – all with former Rennes goalkeeper Édouard Mendy between the posts.
- Players to watch: Sehrou Guirassy has scored Rennes’ only UCL goal so far – a second-half penalty. Meanwhile, Tammy Abraham has scored in three straight matches for Chelsea.
- Hot stat: Across all competitions, Chelsea’s last ten wins have overcome a -1 handicap.
|Head-to-head matches: RENNES – CHELSEA|
|04.11.20||CL||Chelsea||Rennes||3 : 0|