Shakhtar Donetsk – Real Madrid Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Shakhtar Donetsk 2-0 Real Madrid
Date: 01.12.2020 | Match at: 18:55 | League: Champions League – Group Stage – Round 5 | Tip: Over 2.5 Goals | Odds: 1.40 | Bookie: Unibet
- Shakhtar Donetsk’s unforgettable 3-2 UEFA Champions League (UCL) victory at Real Madrid on the opening day of the group stage didn’t kick start their season in the way they may have hoped and expected. Since then, the Ukrainian side have won just one of five engagements at home in all competitions (D3, L1), with a 0-0 draw against Internazionale their only home clean sheet during that period.
- In fact since their 3-0 HT lead at Real, the ‘Pitmen’ have endured more than 300 minutes of UCL football without scoring, notching up no more than three shots on target in each of their last three such outings.
- The Spanish giants have suffered from sketchy form themselves since the last H2H, but have kept themselves in the hunt for another UCL knockout appearance by scoring 2+ goals in all four group stage games (W2, D1, L1), whilst recovering from sluggish starts to open the scoring within 30 minutes in their two most recent victories.
- Used to handing out large victories against less fancied group stage opposition, it may surprise many to discover that Real Madrid’s seven UCL meetings with Ukrainian clubs since the turn of the century (home or away) led to just one win of at least a two-goal margin. Furthermore, the three away trips during that period resulted in a 4-3 win (2015/16) and two 2-2 draws (2004/05 and 2006/07).
- Players to watch: The opening goal scorer in the last H2H, Tetê also recorded the only goal in Shakhtar’s weekend league fixture.
- Casemiro has been amongst the thick of the action for Real Madrid, collecting a goal and/or a booking in four of his last five starts in all competitions.
- Hot stat: Both teams have scored in seven of Real Madrid’s last eight UCL fixtures, as well as eight of their last nine competitive games.
|Head-to-head matches: SHAKHTAR DONETSK – REAL MADRID|
|21.10.20||CL||Real Madrid||Shakhtar Donetsk||2 : 3|
|25.11.15||CL||Shakhtar Donetsk||Real Madrid||3 : 4|
|15.09.15||CL||Real Madrid||Shakhtar Donetsk||4 : 0|