Cardiff – Swansea Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Cardiff 0-2 Swansea
Date: 12.12.2020 | Match at: 13:30 | League: ENGLAND: Championship – Round 18 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.50 | Bookie: Unibet
- Four straight wins arrived at the right time for Cardiff City as foes Swansea City make the trip to the Welsh capital for the 110th South Wales derby. It was a century ago in 1920 that Cardiff secured their maiden derby win, eight years after the first meeting in 1912, now in the 21st century they are hunting a victory over their rivals after seven years without.
- Three wins despite a -2 handicap across Cardiff’s last four Championship home matches (L1) will have the ‘Bluebirds’ gunning for victory here, although a worry arises from the fact Cardiff are yet to win any home game this season in which they conceded first (D2, L3). However despite that they have performed well in the latter stages, with seven league goals scored (and just one conceded) after the 60th minute here.
- Swansea have the bragging rights going into this clash, as not only do they sit four points above Cardiff but they have also kept three consecutive H2H clean sheets against their fierce rivals. However they’ve become quite unpredictable in recent weeks, recording a different result from their prior match in their last nine Championship fixtures (W4, D3, L2).
- The division’s best defence, conceding just 0.59 goals per fixture, has been the driving force behind Swansea’s league position, and it’s importance is seen by the fact seven of the ‘Swans’ eight Championship wins have been accompanied by a clean sheet. Three of those victoires came on the road (W3, D3, L2), although Swansea are winless away this league campaign when conceding first (D2, L2).
- Players to watch: Kieffer Moore has scored four goals across Cardiff’s last four games, twice netting the opener. However, André Ayew could cancel out any Cardiff opener considering his last three strikes for Swansea have arrived after HT.
- Hot stat: There’s been an average of 4.4 yellow cards across the last five H2Hs held at Cardiff.
|Head-to-head matches: CARDIFF – SWANSEA|
|12.01.20||CHA||Cardiff||Swansea||0 : 0|
|27.10.19||CHA||Swansea||Cardiff||1 : 0|
|08.02.14||PL||Swansea||Cardiff||3 : 0|
|03.11.13||PL||Cardiff||Swansea||1 : 0|
|06.02.11||CHA||Swansea||Cardiff||0 : 1|