Norwich – Cardiff Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Norwich 2-0 Cardiff
Date: 19.12.2020 | Match at: 13:30 | League: ENGLAND: Championship – Round 20 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.32 | Bookie: Unibet
- A 2-1 win over Reading in midweek gave high-flying Norwich City (W12, D4, L3) their best 19-game start to a Championship campaign since the division’s rebrand. That was also their fourth consecutive game in which they won 2-1, with the previous three seeing the ‘Canaries’ net a first-half opener. Still, Daniel Farke’s men like to score late on too, and have actually netted 37.04% of their Championship goals after the 75th minute this term.
- Norwich can boast only one home league defeat this season, and haven’t lost here since early October (W5, D3, L1). Additionally, the hosts have registered a clean sheet at HT in seven of their nine Championship home games, and will take further encouragement from Farke’s positive H2H record with opposite number Neil Harris (W3, L1) – all four of those managerial H2Hs witnessing over 2.5 goals.
- Cardiff City’s 3-2 win vs Birmingham in midweek kept them in the playoff place hunt with five wins from their last six Championship games. Two late goals in that win means the visitors have now scored 38.46% of their league goals this season after the 75th minute, so just like their hosts, the ‘Bluebirds’ appear to soar in confidence as matches progress.
- They’ve also been difficult to break down on the road, with Cardiff registering a clean sheet in four of their nine away league games, and going unbeaten in seven (W4, D3, L2). However the fact they’ve netted just once before HT across their last eight road trips is worrying.
- Players to watch: Norwich’s Teemu Pukki has scored five goals across his last five league appearances – three of those came in the second half. Cardiff’s Robert Glatzel is also in good form and has scored twice across his last three league appearances – both as Cardiff’s first goalscorer.
- Hot stat: A third of the goals Norwich have conceded this Championship campaign arrived within the first 15 minutes.
|Head-to-head matches: NORWICH – CARDIFF|
|28.08.18||EFL||Cardiff||Norwich||1 : 3|
|14.04.18||CHA||Norwich||Cardiff||0 : 2|
|01.12.17||CHA||Cardiff||Norwich||3 : 1|
|04.02.17||CHA||Cardiff||Norwich||0 : 1|
|10.09.16||CHA||Norwich||Cardiff||3 : 2|