Aston Villa – Crystal Palace Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Aston Villa 3-0 Crystal Palace
Date: 26.12.2020 | Match at: 16:00 | League: ENGLAND: Premier League – Round 15 | Tip: Under 3.5 Goals | Odds: 1.43 | Bookie: Unibet
- Aston Villa fans will be happy this Christmas, with their side having kept clean sheets in three consecutive Premier League (PL) fixtures (W2, D1) culminating in a 3-0 win over rivals West Bromwich Albion (Dec 20). That run has earned them their highest points haul (22) after 12 games of a PL season since 2001/02, when they ultimately finished eighth.
- The Villans’ 0-0 draw here with Burnley (Dec 17) snapped a three-game losing run in PL home games, while three of their last five home matches (W1, D1, L3) have seen one or both sides score 3+ goals. However, Villa often take a while to get going here, as they’ve led at HT just once as hosts this term.
- Palace have conceded nine (64.29%) of 14 second-half PL ‘goals against’ after 75 minutes this term, heightening the apparent likelihood of a late collapse. A 7-0 thrashing vs Liverpool (Dec 19) marked their first loss in four matches, but ultimately catapulted their average of PL ‘goals against’ per match to 1.79.
- Perhaps unsurprisingly, the ‘Eagles’ haven’t kept a clean sheet away from home in 11 PL matches (W3, D1, L7). Furthermore, they are without a goal in three PL H2Hs at Villa Park (D1, L2). If nothing else though, Palace are graceful travellers, having only received 3+ yellow cards in one league away match this term.
- Players to watch: Nobody in Europe’s ‘top five’ leagues has created more chances (excluding set-pieces) than Aston Villa’s Jack Grealish this term (38). He’s scored five league goals and registered six assists, while his former team-mate Christian Benteke has netted three goals after the 30th minute in Palace’s last two away league fixtures.
- Hot stat: Villa have scored 66.67% of their home league goals after the break so far this term.
|Head-to-head matches: ASTON VILLA – CRYSTAL PALACE|
|12.07.20||PL||Aston Villa||Crystal Palace||2 : 0|
|31.08.19||PL||Crystal Palace||Aston Villa||1 : 0|
|12.01.16||PL||Aston Villa||Crystal Palace||1 : 0|
|22.08.15||PL||Crystal Palace||Aston Villa||2 : 1|
|01.01.15||PL||Aston Villa||Crystal Palace||0 : 0|