Chelsea – Aston Villa Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Chelsea 1-1 Aston Villa
Date: 28.12.2020 | Match at: 18:30 | League: ENGLAND: Premier League – Round 15 | Tip: Over 2.5 Goals | Odds: 1.56 | Bookie: Unibet
- Despite finding any form of silverware elusive so far this calendar year, Chelsea can claim to be one of the most improved home teams in the league. They have averaged 2.25 points per home league game played in 2020, which is up drastically from the 1.32 attained per Premier League (PL) home game in 2019.
- Usually wasting no time in the act of picking up points, Chelsea have scored their first goal of the game before the 30th minute in each of their last five PL wins, thrice doing so specifically within the 20th-29th minute period.
- Superstitious Aston Villa fans can look to the last time they closed a calendar year here for inspiration, with a 3-1 victory on New Years’ Eve 2011 standing solitary amongst their last 16 visits here (W1, D3, L12). They averaged 3.75 ‘goals against’ across the last eight defeats therein, of which six saw them concede the +1 handicap.
- The visitors have won five (L1) of their last six PL away games, with the last four wins seeing them average 1.00 goals per match beyond the 80th minute. So too did they score from a penalty in that same late period in the last two. A win here will see the 146-year-old club record two separate runs of 3+ top-flight away league wins in a single season for the first time ever.
- Players to watch: Tammy Abraham (CHE) scored the opener in last season’s H2H here, but he may be outshone by Anwar El Ghazi (AVL), who accounts for both of Villa’s aforementioned penalty goals (88’-FT) across their last two PL away wins.
- Hot stat: On Christmas Day, Villa’s 75% win-rate as away league outsiders this term was second-best amongst 13 teams that had entered 4+ PL road trips as such.
|Head-to-head matches: CHELSEA – ASTON VILLA|
|21.06.20||PL||Aston Villa||Chelsea||1 : 2|
|04.12.19||PL||Chelsea||Aston Villa||2 : 1|
|02.04.16||PL||Aston Villa||Chelsea||0 : 4|
|17.10.15||PL||Chelsea||Aston Villa||2 : 0|
|07.02.15||PL||Aston Villa||Chelsea||1 : 2|