Newcastle – Leicester Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Newcastle 1-2 Leicester
Date: 03.01.2021 | Match at: 15:15 | League: ENGLAND: Premier League – Round 17 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.30 | Bookie: Unibet
- Newcastle boss Steve Bruce masterminded a hard-fought point vs Liverpool to round off 2020, although his side remain winless in four Premier League (PL) games (D2, L2). However whilst they won their last match held on a Sunday (2-1 vs Everton), Newcastle haven’t won back-to-back PL Sunday games since a run of three in 2018.
- Although only two of Newcastle’s eight PL home games so far have featured a goalless first half (HT: W2, D3, L3), the second half has still produced more goals on average (1.75) than the first (1.0). Curiously, Newcastle both scored (three) and conceded (five) as many goals after the 75th minute at home as they have done in the entire first half.
- Leicester City remain in the title hunt despite manager Brendan Rogers’ recent denial that they are contenders. However the ‘Foxes’ have won just one of their last four PL games (W1, D2, L1), although Rogers boasts a 75% unbeaten rate in prior meetings with Steve Bruce-managed sides (W4, D2, L2). Furthermore, Leicester are unbeaten in their last 12 year-opening league games (W8, D4).
- Strong travelling Leicester have picked up 65.52% of their PL points away, where they’ve won six of eight games. Notably, four of Leicester’s seven away points in December came courtesy of late strikes, and they’ve now scored an average of one goal after the 75th minute per PL road trip this term.
- Players to watch: Newcastle’s Callum Wilson has already matched his PL goal return from last season (eight) in a fraction of the games played (37.14%). As for Leicester, Jamie Vardy has contributed to 51.72% of their PL goals (11 goals, four assists) and had a hand in six across nine previous PL appearances vs Newcastle (five goals, one assist).
- Hot stat: Newcastle have lost six of their last eight year-opening league games (W1, D1, L6) – including a 3-0 defeat to Leicester last year.
|Head-to-head matches: NEWCASTLE – LEICESTER|
|01.01.20||PL||Newcastle||Leicester||0 : 3|
|29.09.19||PL||Leicester||Newcastle||5 : 0|
|28.08.19||EFL||Newcastle||Leicester||1 : 2|
(1 : 1)
|12.04.19||PL||Leicester||Newcastle||0 : 1|
|29.09.18||PL||Newcastle||Leicester||0 : 2|