Sheffield Utd – Newcastle Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Sheffield Utd 1-0 Newcastle
Date: 12.01.2021 | Match at: 19:00 | League: ENGLAND: Premier League – Round 18 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.50 | Bookie: Unibet
- Now the only side in Europe’s ‘top five’ leagues without a league win this term, Sheffield United finally got off the mark in all competitions with a hard-fought 3-2 FA Cup victory over Bristol Rovers. They enter this Premier League (PL) fixture ten points adrift of safety (D2, L15), and do so as the first English top-flight side to open a league campaign with 17 drawn/lost games since 1902/03!
- Without a home PL win since July (D1, L8), the ‘Blades’ have shown little incision as hosts, although interestingly, each of their last three matches at Bramall Lane have featured a goal in or after the 80th minute. However, their home league games have produced an average of 2.0 goals per game this season – the second-lowest in the division.
- Meanwhile, Newcastle United took Arsenal to extra-time before losing their FA Cup tie 2-0, leaving them free to concentrate on pushing further clear of the PL relegation zone (W5, D4, L7). The ‘Magpies’ will be confident of performing well here, as they’ve won the last five league H2Hs, scoring 2+ goals in four fixtures therein.
- Ten (71.43%) of the 14 second-half goals their league away games produced this term have come after the 75th minute, while they’ve conceded 2+ goals in three of their last four PL road outings. However, they are yet to lead at the break in away league matches this season (HT: D4, L3) despite scoring first in three (42.86%) such fixtures.
- Players to watch: David McGoldrick (SHU) has contributed to 62.5% of his side’s PL strikes this term (four goals, one assist) while Callum Wilson (NEW) has scored in three league away games this season and netted here for Bournemouth last term.
- Hot stat: Newcastle manager Steve Bruce has only lost one competitive H2H clash with his former club (W7, D2, L1).
|Head-to-head matches: SHEFFIELD UTD – NEWCASTLE|
|21.06.20||PL||Newcastle||Sheffield Utd||3 : 0|
|05.12.19||PL||Sheffield Utd||Newcastle||0 : 2|
|26.07.15||CF||Sheffield Utd||Newcastle||2 : 2|
|05.04.10||CHA||Newcastle||Sheffield Utd||2 : 1|
|02.11.09||CHA||Sheffield Utd||Newcastle||0 : 1|