Union Berlin – Bayer Leverkusen Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Union Berlin 1-0 Bayer Leverkusen
Date: 15.01.2021 | Match at: 20:30 | League: GERMANY: Bundesliga – Round 16 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.30 | Bookie: Unibet
- Union Berlin welcome Bayer Leverkusen on the back of a five-game unbeaten league run (W2, D3), but still three games shy of their best streak earlier this season (W4, D4). Subsequently occupying a Europa League place amid just two losses this season, the first goal has been key in Union games this season: each game to see them concede first saw them fail to win (D3, L1), while they’ve lost just once when netting the match opener (W6, D4).
- That recent draw with Wolfsburg forms part of a seven-game unbeaten run at home in the Bundesliga (W3, D4). A good first half could prove decisive for Union, as they’ve only lost once at home and that was when trailing at HT.
- Losing two of their last three league games (D1, L2), Leverkusen are amidst their worst run of the season so far. They did at least open the scoring in two of the three, and scoring first has secured a win for Leverkusen on six of nine such occasions (D1, L2) in the league this season.
- Despite being the joint-best away side in the Bundesliga in terms of points (W5, D2, L1), Leverkusen lost their last away game 2-1 to Frankfurt. That loss saw them score first for the fourth consecutive away game, cementing their status as fast starters with them now having won six of their eight first halves away from home.
- Players to watch: Robert Andrich’s four goals have contributed to the joint-second best Bundesliga attack (31 goals) – with all four of his goals for Union coming at home. Meanwhile, Patrick Schick has scored four goals in his last six league games for Leverkusen, with the last two opening the scoring for his side.
- Hot stat: In a clash of the two best starters in the league, Union have scored eight goals in the first 15 minutes of play, whilst Leverkusen have scored seven in that same period.
|Head-to-head matches: UNION BERLIN – BAYER LEVERKUSEN|
|04.03.20||POK||Bayer Leverkusen||Union Berlin||3 : 1|
|15.02.20||BUN||Union Berlin||Bayer Leverkusen||2 : 3|
|21.09.19||BUN||Bayer Leverkusen||Union Berlin||2 : 0|
|24.10.17||POK||Bayer Leverkusen||Union Berlin||4 : 1|
|29.10.03||POK||Union Berlin||Bayer Leverkusen||0 : 5|