Wolves – West Brom Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Wolves 2-3 West Brom
Date: 16.01.2021 | Match at: 13:30 | League: ENGLAND: Premier League – Round 19 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.42 | Bookie: Unibet
- Wolverhampton Wanderers’ midweek 2-1 Premier League (PL) defeat to Everton was their fifth consecutive winless league game (D2, L3), and also means their last seven competitive matches have produced a different result to the one beforehand (W2, D2, L3). Furthermore, it’s now a concerning 11 league fixtures without a clean sheet (W2, D3, L6) but they are unbeaten when scoring first in the PL this term (W5, D1).
- It’s therefore worrying that Wolves have conceded the opener in their last five PL home matches (W1, D2, L2), and subsequently four of those witnessed both teams score. Interestingly, there’s been plenty of late action here this term, with eight (61.54%) out of 13 second-half league goals coming after the 75th minute.
- That should concern late-game strugglers West Bromwich Albion, who’ve conceded 15 league goals after the 60th minute, netting just twice during this period all term. Although their eight-match form (W1, D2, L5) is identical to Wolves, they enter this game as clear outsiders having suffered three defeats ‘to nil’ via at least three-goal margin across their previous four PL games.
- Given their position in the relegation zone, this would be a good time for the ‘Baggies’ to record a first away league win of the season (D3, L5). Yet whilst this is the first meeting between these Black Country rivals since 2012, somewhat encouragingly, West Brom have won three of their last four games here, scoring an impressive ten times therein.
- Players to watch: Pedro Neto has scored in three of Wolves’ last eight home league matches, on each occasion striking after the 55th minute. Similarly dangerous late on, Sami Ajayi has netted West Brom’s last two competitive goals, neither of which came before the 50th minute.
- Hot stat: West Brom boss Sam Allardyce has never lost when taking charge against Wolves (W3, D2).
|Head-to-head matches: WOLVES – WEST BROM|
|12.02.12||PL||Wolves||West Brom||1 : 5|
|16.10.11||PL||West Brom||Wolves||2 : 0|
|08.05.11||PL||Wolves||West Brom||3 : 1|
|20.02.11||PL||West Brom||Wolves||1 : 1|
|15.04.08||CHA||Wolves||West Brom||0 : 1|