Schalke – FC Koln Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Schalke 1-2 FC Koln
Date: 20.01.2021 | Match at: 18:30 | League: GERMANY: Bundesliga – Round 17 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.39 | Bookie: Unibet
- Bundesliga basement club Schalke lost 3-1 in the last round, giving them a league-high eighth match in which they conceded 3+ goals. Understandably, the losing margins also remain on the high side with Schalke having now seen 54.55% of their 11 Bundesliga losses arrive via a 3+ goal margin. Schalke’s poor starts – 11 HT scoring blanks in 16 league matches – has also seen them concede the match opener in an awful 87.50% of their Bundesliga fixtures.
- The ‘Royal Blues’ will have happy memories of their last home outing though (4-0), which ended a dire 30-game winless league streak. It also snapped a four-match losing run at home, and marked their lone clean sheet of the Bundesliga season.
- Only relatively better than their hosts, but still in the relegation play-off places, Cologne are goalless across their last five Bundesliga games (D2, L3). The visitors will do well to improve their displays during the 0’-20’ and 71’-90’+ minute periods as that’s when 53.57% of the goals they’ve conceded this Bundesliga campaign have arrived.
- The silver lining, however, is that Cologne have travelled well and have so far picked up 75% of their points on the road (W2, D3, L2). Improved defensive performances are a major catalyst with Cologne conceding only a third of their total Bundesliga ‘goals against’ during their away matches. Worryingly though, five of those nine away goals conceded came in their last road trip, which remains their worst defeat of the season.
- Players to watch: Red-hot teenage striker Matthew Hoppe has scored four of Schalke’s last five Bundesliga goals, including a hat-trick at home. In the opposition camp, Ellyes Skhiri scored a brace in Cologne’s famous 2-1 win at Dortmund earlier in the season.
- Hot stat: Cologne are unbeaten in their last five Bundesliga visits to Schalke (W3, D2) scoring 2+ goals in four of those matches.
|Head-to-head matches: SCHALKE – FC KOLN|
|29.02.20||BUN||FC Koln||Schalke||3 : 0|
|05.10.19||BUN||Schalke||FC Koln||1 : 1|
|31.10.18||POK||FC Koln||Schalke||1 : 2 (1 : 1)|
|22.04.18||BUN||FC Koln||Schalke||2 : 2|
|19.12.17||POK||Schalke||FC Koln||1 : 0|
Be the first to comment on "Match Preview: Schalke 1-2 FC Koln Predictions and Betting Tips 20.01.2021"