AS Roma – Spezia Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
AS Roma 4-3 Spezia
Date: 23.01.2021 | Match at: 15:00 | League: ITALY: Serie A – Round 19 | Tip: Home Win | Odds: 1.49 | Bookie: Unibet
- Failure to win either of their last two high-profile matches finds Roma nine points off the Serie A (SA) summit and staring down the barrel of their first three game winless run since June 2020, in their inaugural top-flight match against minnows Spezia. Fast to start with no side scoring more than their 23 first-half SA goals, Roma’s problems lie in their second-half performances which have seen them concede 19 goals for a -5 goal difference – the worst among all top-nine sides.
- They are, however, the only unbeaten side at home this SA season (W6, D3), recording a league-high five HT/FT wins and zero HT deficits. Roma’s subsequent win record as a home SA favourite this season stands at a favourable 85.71% (W6, D1) while they are amid a staggering run of 25 straight league wins against promoted opposition (any venue) since Aug 2016 (2-2 v Cagliari).
- An extra-time Coppa Italia win at Roma midweek might, however, give Spezia some hope of avoiding being the proverbial lambs to the slaughter in a one-sided gladiatorial contest in Rome. The side from Liguria have also held their own this season and rank mid-table after recently recording their second three-game unbeaten streak of the season (W2, D1). First halves have helped their cause this campaign, with Spezia down at the break just twice.
- What’s more surprising is that Spezia haven’t yet been behind at HT on their SA travels this term (HT: W4, D5), just like Roma at home, with their 12 away points a direct result of that and double their home tally. Subsequently, whoever tastes blood first here might take the spoils.
- Players to watch: Roma’s Henrik Mkhitaryan’s last five SA goals have come after the 25th minute but before HT, while three of Andrey Galabinov’s four competitive goals this season for Spezia have come in the first 30 minutes.
- Stat attack: Only one of Spezia’s last 11 SA games has seen the sides separated by more than a goal.
|Head-to-head matches: AS ROMA – SPEZIA|
|19.01.21||COP||AS Roma||Spezia||0 : 3|
|16.12.15||COP||AS Roma||Spezia||0 : 1 (0 : 0)|
Be the first to comment on "Match Preview: AS Roma 4-3 Spezia Predictions and Betting Tips 23.01.2021"