Burnley – Aston Villa Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Burnley 3-2 Aston Villa
Date: 27.01.2021 | Match at: 19:00 | League: ENGLAND: Premier League – Round 20 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.31 | Bookie: Unibet
- Each of Burnley’s last five Premier League (PL) matches produced a 1-0 scoreline (W2, L3) including their win over Liverpool (Jan 21) which lifted them further clear of relegation trouble. Also hinting at a cagey affair, ahead of this round no side had scored fewer league goals than their ten this season, and the ‘Clarets’ are the only team yet to rescue a point after conceding first (L8).
- Seeking improvement on their home league form (W3, D1, L4), Burnley are yet to beat a side here that started this round in the top half. It’s been hard going as all three PL home wins so far came via a one-goal margin, and they’ve earned a meagre average of 4.25 corners per home league game thus far (Aston Villa away: 6.22).
- Meanwhile, Villa’s emphatic 2-0 win over Newcastle on Saturday ended their four-match winless run (D1, L3 – in all competitions), keeping them in contention for European qualification. Making life hard for their opponents, they haven’t conceded before the 30th minute in any of their last eight PL fixtures (W4, D2, L2).
- However, they’ve struggled away from home recently (D1, L2) and haven’t won a PL game in the North-West since beating Burnley on New Year’s Day last year (D1, L3). Late action is possible as there’s been 1+ goal after the hour mark in four of their last five away league games and after the 75th minute in all three previous PL H2Hs held here (W1, D2).
- Players to watch: Ashley Barnes’ winner against Liverpool extended his run of five unbeaten goalscoring PL appearances (W4, D1), whilst Ollie Watkins’ goal for Villa against Newcastle was his first in nine league outings and third headed strike this term.
- Hot stat: Ahead of the round, only Manchester City have kept more PL clean sheets than Villa (nine) this season; whilst no team has failed to score in more games than Burnley (ten).
|Head-to-head matches: BURNLEY – ASTON VILLA|
|17.12.20||PL||Aston Villa||Burnley||0 : 0|
|01.01.20||PL||Burnley||Aston Villa||1 : 2|
|28.09.19||PL||Aston Villa||Burnley||2 : 2|
|24.05.15||PL||Aston Villa||Burnley||0 : 1|
|29.11.14||PL||Burnley||Aston Villa||1 : 1|