Wolves – Arsenal Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Wolves 2-1 Arsenal
Date: 02.02.2021 | Match at: 19:00 | League: ENGLAND: Premier League – Round 22 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.41 | Bookie: Unibet
- Wolverhampton Wanderers’ woes continued as Saturday’s 1-0 Premier League (PL) defeat to Crystal Palace left them winless in eight league fixtures (D3, L5). Adrift of the battle for European qualification, they’re not yet embroiled in a relegation fight but have now drawn a blank in seven (33.33%) of their PL games this season – one fewer than their tally throughout last term.
- Interestingly, both teams have scored in 70% of their home league matches this season while Wolves haven’t kept a clean sheet in six (W1, D2, L3). PL games here have frequently taken time to unfold: while five (50%) such fixtures were goalless at the break, eight (53.33%) out of 15 second-half league goals at Molineux came after the 75th minute.
- Meanwhile, Arsenal nudged themselves closer to the European qualification places with a 0-0 stalemate against title contenders Manchester United (Jan 30). That was their third PL game in four (W2, D2) to witness a goalless first half, although it’s worth noting that each of the last nine league H2Hs produced over 0.5 first-half goals.
- The ‘Gunners’ have kept it tight after HT in PL away games this season, conceding just once in the second half – nobody has been more defensively sound after HT. Encouragingly, the away side on the day has only lost one of the last seven league H2Hs (W3, D3).
- Players to watch: Wolves will want new signing Willian José to get off the mark but might have to wait – eight of his last nine competitive goals came after the 50th minute. Namesake Willian is the PL’s most-selected Brazilian (250 appearances) and although goalless this term for Arsenal, he’s registered three assists in five competitive appearances against Wolves, including one in November.
- Hot stat: Across all 15 competitive H2Hs this millennium (Arsenal: W10, D3, L2), the side that scored first went undefeated.
|Head-to-head matches: WOLVES – ARSENAL|
|29.11.20||PL||Arsenal||Wolves||1 : 2|
|04.07.20||PL||Wolves||Arsenal||0 : 2|
|02.11.19||PL||Arsenal||Wolves||1 : 1|
|24.04.19||PL||Wolves||Arsenal||3 : 1|
|11.11.18||PL||Arsenal||Wolves||1 : 1|