Coventry – Watford Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Coventry 0-0 Watford
Date: 06.02.2021 | Match at: 13:30 | League: ENGLAND: Championship – Round 28 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.43 | Bookie: Unibet
- Amongst a pack of relegation fodder, Coventry City’s whirlwind season continues after two winless matches (D1, L1). Despite both teams scoring (within the first half) in those games, only three of their last ten competitive games have seen both teams score. Scoring first could therefore be crucial, especially as the ‘Sky Blues’ have claimed an excellent average of 2.38 points per league game when scoring first (W6, D1, L1).
- Losing their first home game in nine fixtures last time out (W4, D4, L1), Coventry have seen over 2.5 match goals in just three such fixtures. Frustratingly for Coventry, that defeat was also their 18th league match this season to see a HT draw, and as such, 66.67% of Coventry’s conceded league goals have arrived in the second half.
- Top-six Watford will want to extend their two-game H2H winning run (both at home), in which they’ve netted over 2.5 goals per-game. This season however, the ‘Hornets’ haven’t managed over 2.5 goals in their last 13 league games, scoring just 0.92 on average. Yet whilst they’ve scored first in a league-high 18 games (W12, D4, L2), they may not capitalise on Coventry’s poor second-half showing, as Watford have scored in both halves in just three fixtures.
- With 69.23% of Watford’s away matches seeing a draw at HT (including last time away), and a little under half of their league trips ending in a draw (46.15%), a possible repeat of their 0-0 with Millwall in their last awayday – and the last H2H here – could be on the cards.
- Players to watch: Coventry’s Maxime Biamou – who scored last time out – has scored on concurrent matchdays thrice in a career that has netted him 37 goals. However, Watford’s on-field boss, Troy Deeney, has made an impact in three of his last four appearances, scoring penalties as first goalscorer in each such win.
- Hot stat: Whilst Coventry have shipped and conceded the joint second-most penalties in the league (ten), Watford have scored and converted the most penalties in the league (eight).
|Head-to-head matches: COVENTRY – WATFORD|
|07.11.20||CHA||Watford||Coventry||3 : 2|
|27.08.19||EFL||Watford||Coventry||3 : 0|
|30.07.14||CF||Watford||Coventry||0 : 1|
|17.03.12||CHA||Watford||Coventry||0 : 0|
|20.08.11||CHA||Coventry||Watford||0 : 0|