Sheffield Wed – Wycombe Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Sheffield Wed 2-0 Wycombe
Date: 09.02.2021 | Match at: 20:00 | League: ENGLAND: Championship – Round 25 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.40 | Bookie: Unibet
- Second from bottom, Sheffield Wednesday need points fast in this relegation six-pointer. Although beaten 1-0 in the reverse fixture, Wednesday have scored first in eight of their last ten competitive matches, winning five by a one-goal margin. With the ‘Owls’ also scoring first in 55.56% of their league games this term (W8, D4, L3), they could get off to a flying start.
- Wednesday’s recent quick starts have helped them win four consecutive home league matches, each by a one-goal margin, and significantly just two of their last ten Championship home games have now produced over 2.5 goals (W5, D3, L2). Considering the only two historic H2Hs here produced under 2.5 goals too (W1, D1), it’s hard to see past a low-scoring affair in this clash.
- Winless in four straight competitive matches, bottom-side Wycombe Wanderers look all-but done having conceded an average of 3.50 goals during this aimless run. Even if the ‘Chairboys’ make a stand here and cast off a two-game goalless streak, survival looks grim as they’ve conceded the opener in 73.08% of their Championship matches, winning just once when doing so (W1, D4, L14).
- Furthermore, Wycombe have trailed at HT in the joint-most away league matches too (HT: D5, L7). However, the second half could be key as Wycombe have scored 70% of their away league goals during this period.
- Players to watch: Wednesday’s Callum Paterson has netted the opener in four of his last six league appearances – three before HT. Wycombe’s Uche Ikpeazu has a recent penchant for scoring early too, netting inside of 15 minutes in two of his last four league appearances.
- Hot stat: Is it time? Whilst Wednesday are the only team to have not scored a home league goal after the 75th minute, Wycombe have conceded the league’s most away goals during this period (eight).
|Head-to-head matches: SHEFFIELD WED – WYCOMBE|
|31.10.20||CHA||Wycombe||Sheffield Wed||1 : 0|
|05.05.12||LO||Sheffield Wed||Wycombe||2 : 0|
|29.10.11||LO||Wycombe||Sheffield Wed||1 : 2|
|30.01.04||LO||Sheffield Wed||Wycombe||1 : 1|
|01.09.03||LO||Wycombe||Sheffield Wed||1 : 2|