Coventry – Brentford Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Coventry 2-0 Brentford
Date: 20.02.2021 | Match at: 13:30 | League: ENGLAND: Championship – Round 31 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.35 | Bookie: Unibet
- On the cusp of the relegation spots and heading in that direction due to a five-game winless run, Coventry City have been beaten by a two-goal margin in two straight games. Losing ‘to nil’ (2-0) last time out for the seventh league fixture this term, the ‘Sky Blues’ have a storm ahead because as well as losing 2-0 in the reverse H2H, they last won this fixture back in 1963!
- Whilst Coventry have hosted Brentford just twice since, they lost the last H2H held here 2-0 too. However, Coventry are a different beast these days and have lost just two of their last 11 Championship home games. Additionally, they’ve conceded just 0.64 goals on average during this run, and have shutout their opponents in five of their last seven home games.
- Brentford travel here after losing two on the trot to yield top spot. Comeback kings, the ‘Bees’ haven’t lost three on the spin (excluding playoffs) since 2016 and are poised to bounce-back after scoring a league-leading average of 1.87 goals per game this season. Subsequently, Brentford have scored in both halves in 30% of their Championship outings.
- They may still struggle here though, as Coventry have conceded just four opening home league goals. In contrast, Brentford have conceded seven opening goals but came back to claim points on five occasions (W3, D2, L2) setting this up as a potential Championship classic.
- Players to watch: Interestingly, Coventry’s three-goal Tyler Walker scored his debut goal against Brentford and will be on the hunt here. However there looks to be no stopping Brentford’s 24-goal Ivan Toney – he’s scored eight goals in his last six appearances and netted in both halves in two of those games.
- Hot stat: Brentford have scored a whopping 24 league goals from the 61st-minute onwards, in contrast, Coventry have conceded 17 league goals during this period.
|Head-to-head matches: COVENTRY – BRENTFORD|
|17.10.20||CHA||Brentford||Coventry||2 : 0|
|22.03.14||LO||Brentford||Coventry||3 : 1|
|29.09.13||LO||Coventry||Brentford||0 : 2|
|06.04.13||LO||Coventry||Brentford||1 : 1|
|23.10.12||LO||Brentford||Coventry||2 : 1|