Atletico Madrid – Chelsea Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Atletico Madrid 0-1 Chelsea
Date: 23.02.2021 | Match at: 21:00 | League: Champions League – Play Offs – 1/8-finals | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.50 | Bookie: Unibet
- Currently in unstoppable form on the domestic scene, La Liga leaders Atlético Madrid are unbeaten in 13 UEFA Champions League (UCL) home games (W9, D4). The hosts are obvious favourites to win this leg, and any winning goal might come late, as three of Atlético’s last five UCL home victories have seen their deciding goal come beyond the 75th minute.
- Six of those nine wins in Atlético’s current unbeaten UCL run at the Wanda Metropolitano have come against opposition from a top-five European domestic league, ending 1-0 or 2-0 (average margin: 1.67 goals). Half of the Rojiblancos’ ten goals scored across those six wins against such ‘elite’ opposition came between the 76th minute and FT.
- Chelsea remain unbeaten under the management of Thomas Tuchel, but trailed at HT for the first time under his fledgling regime at the weekend, recovering to snatch a draw via Mason Mount’s second-half penalty. It was also from a 12-yard stare that Chelsea got their last Premier League away win, and both goals – curiously – arrived between the 50th-59th minutes of play.
- The visitors’ good recent form provokes hopes of a surprise win here, and the ‘over 2.5’ goals characteristic applies to each of the Blues’ four preceding UCL wins. In addition to averaging 1.0 penalty goal per UCL match since matchday two, Chelsea have also beaten the -2 handicap in three UCL victories, while winning both halves and winning one half by a precise 1-0 scoreline.
- Players to watch: João Félix gave Atlético a HT lead in their last UCL home game against opposition from a top-five European league (D 1-1). Chelsea’s Olivier Giroud was a man possessed in his last trip to Spain, netting four times against Sevilla, and three of his last four decisive UCL goals have come via his head.
- Hot stat: Chelsea have converted nine (32.14%) of their 28 shots on target recorded during Tuchel’s regime to date.
|Head-to-head matches: ATL. MADRID – CHELSEA|
|05.12.17||CL||Chelsea||Atl. Madrid||1 : 1|
|27.09.17||CL||Atl. Madrid||Chelsea||1 : 2|
|30.04.14||CL||Chelsea||Atl. Madrid||1 : 3|
|22.04.14||CL||Atl. Madrid||Chelsea||0 : 0|
|31.08.12||SC||Chelsea||Atl. Madrid||1 : 4|