Arsenal – Benfica Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Arsenal 3-2 Benfica
Date: 25.02.2021 | Match at: 18:55 | League: Europa League – Play Offs – 1/16-finals | Tip: Under 3.5 Goals | Odds: 1.40 | Bookie: Unibet
- Arsenal enter this UEFA Europa League (UEL) second leg fixture after a 1-0 Premier League defeat to Manchester City that left them with just one win from six competitive fixtures (D2, L3). Nevertheless, with an away goal in the bank, they’ll hope to progress, particularly as they’re unbeaten in five European games against Portuguese opponents (W2, D3).
- However, the ‘Gunners’ might lose an edge by playing on neutral territory here, as their last seven competitive victories at the Emirates came via a two or three-goal margin – including all three UEL group stage matches this term. Nevertheless, among sides to have featured since the group stage (all venues), only Bayer Leverkusen have scored more goals per UEL game on average this term than Arsenal’s average of 3.0, and only Real Sociedad have bettered their corner count of 7.86 per game on average.
- Although Benfica are unbeaten in six competitive matches (W2, D4), their last three outings have all ended in stalemate, whilst just two of their last ten goals came before the 20th minute. Unbeaten in UEL action this term (W3, D4), they seek improvement on their record against English clubs in UEFA competition (W11, D7, L19).
- Poor travelling Benfica have won just four of their last 22 European matches played on foreign soil (D6, L12) including a losing record in matches played in Greece (W5, L6). However, their latest game in this nation saw them progress in the UEFA Champions League against PAOK following a 1-1 first leg result in 2018/19.
- Players to watch: A threat as games progress, Arsenal talisman Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has scored eight of his last ten competitive goals after HT. He’ll hope to upstage the competition’s leading scorer Pizzi (seven goals) who has netted in Benfica’s last four UEL matches.
- Hot stat: All three previous H2Hs were 1-1 at the 90-minute mark after the designated home side on the day scored first.
|Head-to-head matches: ARSENAL – BENFICA|
|18.02.21||EL||Benfica||Arsenal||1 : 1|
|29.07.17||EMI||Arsenal||Benfica||5 : 2|
|02.08.14||EMI||Arsenal||Benfica||5 : 1|
|06.08.11||CF||Benfica||Arsenal||2 : 1|
|06.11.91||CL||Arsenal||Benfica||1 : 3 (1 : 1)|