Cardiff – Derby Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Cardiff 4-0 Derby
Date: 02.03.2021 | Match at: 20:00 | League: ENGLAND: Championship – Round 34 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.47 | Bookie: Unibet
- New boss Mick McCarthy has had a huge impact on Cardiff City, who are unbeaten in nine Championship matches, picking up 21 points from a possible 27 in that run (W6, D3). A key staple of their success under him is defensive organisation, and Cardiff have conceded just four goals across their previous nine league matches, all coming after HT.
- Despite Cardiff’s improvements under McCarthy, just six other Championship sides have won fewer points across home matches than his charges this season (W6, D3, L7). Look out for a strong finish though, given that they’ve scored eight home goals after the 75th minute this season, whilst conceding just once in this same period.
- Derby County’s form has also been good under their new manager Wayne Rooney, with just two defeats in their last nine league matches (W6, D1, L2). Like their opponents, goals have been coming late and they’ve found the back of the net at least once in the final 30 minutes of their previous four league fixtures.
- On the road though, the ‘Rams’ are usually most vulnerable in this period, highlighted by the fact that 62.5% of their away league ‘goals against’ have come inside the final 30 minutes of play. Additionally, Derby have failed to score more than a single goal in ten away matches vs sides currently above them in the table (W3, D3, L4).
- Players to watch: Cardiff’s Kieffer Moore has netted an impressive seven goals in his previous nine league matches, and each of the previous five came before HT. Meanwhile, Derby’s Colin Kazim-Richards has scored four goals in his previous eight league appearances.
- Hot stat: Four of Cardiff’s six home league wins have come by a margin of 3+ goals.
|Head-to-head matches: CARDIFF – DERBY|
|28.10.20||CHA||Derby||Cardiff||1 : 1|
|14.07.20||CHA||Cardiff||Derby||2 : 1|
|13.09.19||CHA||Derby||Cardiff||1 : 1|
|24.04.18||CHA||Derby||Cardiff||3 : 1|
|30.09.17||CHA||Cardiff||Derby||0 : 0|