Schalke – Mainz Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Schalke 0-0 Mainz
Date: 05.03.2021 | Match at: 20:30 | League: GERMANY: Bundesliga – Round 24 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.31 | Bookie: Unibet
- Schalke are in total disarray after firing a third coach this season following a 5-1 hammering last time out, in what was their second consecutive Bundesliga defeat by a four-goal margin, and their tenth from 16 league losses this term that produced a margin of 3+ goals! Subsequently the hapless rock-bottom side are winless in eight Bundesliga matches (D2, L6) after scoring only four goals during that run, all between the 25th and 60th minute.
- The hosts are also enduring a run of four home league defeats, with the last three coming via a margin of 3+ goals and ‘to nil’. Having now lost seven home games ‘to nil’ (GD 0-19), scoring first could be the light in the darkness as Schalke have collected points in both home matches in which they netted the opener (W1, D1).
- Mainz squandered the chance to leave the drop zone as they fell to a 1-0 defeat in the last round, a result that ended their run of three without defeat in the Bundesliga (W2, D1). However they’ve still collected 64.70% of their points across the last eight games (W3, D2, L3), with four points coming after conceding first.
- Five of Mainz’ 11 points across those eight games actually came on the road against teams in the table’s top half (W1, D2, L1), however the one away defeat was versus a bottom-half side. Regardless, Mainz need a good start as they are yet to win a Bundesliga away game when trailing at HT (D1, L4).
- Players to watch: Matthew Hoppe has scored four of Schalke’s eight home goals, but just one came after the 60th minute. Meanwhile Kevin Stöger has scored two decisive goals in Mainz’ last two away league games – both arrived after the 85th minute.
- Hot streak: Schalke have conceded the opening goal between the 30th minute and HT in four straight home games.
|Head-to-head matches: SCHALKE – MAINZ|
|07.11.20||BUN||Mainz||Schalke||2 : 2|
|16.02.20||BUN||Mainz||Schalke||0 : 0|
|20.09.19||BUN||Schalke||Mainz||2 : 1|
|23.02.19||BUN||Mainz||Schalke||3 : 0|
|29.09.18||BUN||Schalke||Mainz||1 : 0|