Manchester City – Southampton Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Manchester City 5-2 Southampton
Date: 10.03.2021 | Match at: 19:00 | League: ENGLAND: Premier League – Round 33 | Tip: Over 2.5 Goals | Odds: 1.53 | Bookie: Unibet
- Manchester City’s 28-game unbeaten run came to a halt as fierce rivals Manchester United downed them 2-0 on Sunday in a game that saw City concede after just 101 seconds – the earliest Premier League (PL) goal they’ve ever conceded at the Etihad. However, here they take on Southampton in much better condition than the reverse fixture (1-0 win), as City start this game 11 points clear at the top despite ending that game on December 19th eight points behind first place!
- The hosts possess the division’s best home record by some way this season (W11, D2, L2), thanks in part to a league-high 2.07 goals scored per game here. That’s helped Pep Guardiola’s side win despite a -1 handicap in seven of 11 PL home victories this term, and another could be forthcoming considering Guardiola has won six of seven personal H2Hs vs Southampton manager Ralph Hasenhüttl (at all venues).
- Southampton finally ended their nine-game winless PL run – and nine games without a clean sheet – with a 2-0 win at rock-bottom Sheffield last time out which extended their cushion over the bottom three to seven points, but now they face City after keeping just one clean sheet across the past 18 PL H2Hs (W3, D2, L13).
- However three of the last four PL meetings at City saw Southampton score before HT (D1, L3), and twice they netted the opener. That’s notable as the first goal could have significance here considering the team to score first has won the Saints’ last seven competitive away games (W2, L5).
- Players to watch: City’s Raheem Sterling scored the opener in the reverse fixture, one of five PL openers he’s netted this term. His boss Guardiola has described Southampton’s James Ward-Prowse as the best “free-kick taker I’ve seen in my life” – he’s scored five direct free-kicks this season.
- Hot stat: City have led at HT in 16 of their 20 PL wins this campaign.
|Head-to-head matches: MANCHESTER CITY – SOUTHAMPTON|
|19.12.20||PL||Southampton||Manchester City||0 : 1|
|05.07.20||PL||Southampton||Manchester City||1 : 0|
|02.11.19||PL||Manchester City||Southampton||2 : 1|
|29.10.19||EFL||Manchester City||Southampton||3 : 1|
|30.12.18||PL||Southampton||Manchester City||1 : 3|