Belgium – Wales Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Belgium 3-1 Wales
Date: 24.03.2021 | Match at: 20:45 | League: World Cup – Qualification | Tip: Under 3.5 Goals | Odds: 1.42 | Bookie: Unibet
- Third placed in their last World Cup (WC) finals appearance, Belgium are currently unbeaten in 29 competitive home games (W23, D6). At the tail-end of that sequence, their last six wins against teams drawn from WC Qualification (WCQ) pots 1-3 for this campaign saw them win by 2+ goals.
- The Red Devils’ last competitive campaign was the league phase of the 2020/21 UEFA Nations League (Sep-Nov 2020). All three home games (W3, D/L0) saw them beat a handicap in one half alone. All first halves across that trio produced over 1.5 total match goals, for an average of 2.33 total goals per game within the first 30 minutes. Two of those three matches saw a decisive goal within the opening 20 minutes.
- Hoping to end a now 63-year WC finals drought, Wales fell just one win short of a play-off in their last WCQ series. Yet, if including friendlies and excluding games held on neutral ground, Wales’ are winless in 17 away games (D5, L12) vs teams drawn from UEFA pots 1-2 for this WCQ campaign.
- All 12 of the defeats shown above came after a lost first half, of which 75% (nine) saw Wales eventually lose by 2+ goals. Five (55.56%) of those nine losses specifically ended 2-0. On that note, each of Wales’ last eight 2-0 away losses against a pot 1 or 2 team from this WCQ campaign have seen them lose both halves 1-0.
- Players to watch: Seeing his last five international goals come during handicap-beating wins containing over 2.5 total goals, Kevin De Bruyne netted Belgium’s last home goal vs Wales. Three of those five goals were match closers. Belgium’s likeliest nemesis, Gareth Bale, scored the decider in one of Wales’ wins within their current four-match H2H unbeaten run (W2, D2).
- Hot stat: Pot 1 sides have gone on to win a group containing Wales in seven (77.78%) of the last nine WCQ and European Championship Qualification campaigns combined.
|Head-to-head matches: BELGIUM – WALES|
|01.07.16||EUR||Wales||Belgium||3 : 1|
|12.06.15||EUR||Wales||Belgium||1 : 0|
|16.11.14||EUR||Belgium||Wales||0 : 0|
|15.10.13||WC||Belgium||Wales||1 : 1|
|07.09.12||WC||Wales||Belgium||0 : 2|