Russia – Slovenia Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Russia 2-1 Slovenia
Date: 27.03.2021 | Match at: 15:00 | League: World Cup – Qualification | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.43 | Bookie: Unibet
- This is a potential grudge match in the making as the last meeting between these two nations saw Slovenia prevail in a two-legged playoff that took them to the 2010 World Cup at the expense of the Russians! Seeking revenge, Russia opened their World Cup Qualification (WCQ) campaign this time round with a routine 3-1 victory over Malta that ended a six-match winless run (D3, L3), and featured goals in both halves for the ninth time across their last 12 internationals.
- Having not played at home since October, they’ll look to build on two consecutive draws as hosts and uphold a proud post-Soviet era (1992-present) tradition of only ever losing one WCQ home match (W24, D6)! On recent form Russia look a late threat too, as they’ve netted after the 75th minute in five of their last seven internationals on home soil.
- Slovenia’s 1-0 win over 2018 World Cup runners-up Croatia was a fine result, but not entirely unexpected given they haven’t lost an international since November 2019 (W6, D3). Often prevailing in tight affairs, six of their last seven competitive wins were settled via a one-goal margin, as have the last three WCQ H2Hs (W2, L1).
- While Slovenia kept clean sheets in all three UEFA Nations League away games last year (W2, D1) en route to promotion from League C, they failed to score in their last three WCQ away matches (L3). However they have netted in both previous trips to Russia, albeit they’re yet to win after conceding a first-half opener on each occasion (D1, L1).
- Players to watch: Mário Fernandes netted against Malta, and in games in which the defender has scored, Russia are yet to trail at the 90-minute mark (W3, D1). For Slovenia, Sandi Lovrić’s winner against Croatia was his second strike within the opening 15 minutes across his last five international matches.
- Hot stat: Slovenia have scored four penalties across their previous seven internationals.
|Head-to-head matches: RUSSIA – SLOVENIA|
|18.11.09||WC||Slovenia||Russia||1 : 0|
|14.11.09||WC||Russia||Slovenia||2 : 1|
|01.09.01||WC||Slovenia||Russia||2 : 1|
|24.03.01||WC||Russia||Slovenia||1 : 1|