Albania – England Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Albania 0-2 England
Date: 28.03.2021 | Match at: 17:00 | League: World Cup – Qualification | Tip: Away Win | Odds: 1.31 | Bookie: Unibet
- For a third campaign in succession, Albania won their World Cup Qualifying opener (WCQ), in turn extending their unbeaten run to six games (W4, D2). However if they’re to overturn the huge odds here they will likely have to score first as all five of their home defeats across the last two qualifying groups (EURO/WC) came ‘to nil’.
- Around 6000 fans could be allowed in to see their heroes if they have proof of Covid-19 vaccination, and whilst Albania have won three straight home games at both HT/FT, it’s unlikely those lucky supporters would see another vs England – a nation ranked fourth by FIFA. Notably, Albania have scored in just three of their last 11 competitive games vs top-ten ranked UEFA nations (W1, L10), whilst all five at home saw a goalless first half (three) or a 2-0 deficit at the break (two).
- After a routine 5-0 victory in their WCQ opener, England are unbeaten across 22 WCQ fixtures (W16, D6), and have also won seven of their last eight competitive games vs UEFA nations ranked within five places of Albania (D1) – coming from behind to win two of four away.
- Currently enduring a 180-minute away run without scoring – albeit both vs top 12 ranked nations – the ‘Three Lions’ are expected to roar again here considering they are unbeaten in all but one away game (W6, D2, L1) across their last two qualification campaigns (EURO/WC). Notably, four of those six victories saw a 4+ goal margin.
- Players to watch: Although yet to break into Barcelona’s first team, Rey Manaj has netted Albania’s final goal in two of their last three games. As for England, Dominic Calvert-Lewin scored in both halves last time out and enjoys his finest scoring season for club & country (18 goals – 0.57 per match on average).
- Hot stat: Eleven of England’s last 15 victories across EURO and WC qualifying were HT/FT successes.
|Head-to-head matches: ALBANIA – ENGLAND|
|05.09.01||WC||England||Albania||2 : 0|
|28.03.01||WC||Albania||England||1 : 3|
|26.04.89||WC||England||Albania||5 : 0|
|08.03.89||WC||Albania||England||0 : 2|